Diggers

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope, they now act like stiff old professional detectorists.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was the season premier? Do the two guys still act like they are mentally challanged?

Yep they still do :laughing7:

the Show in PA was good though ! Very enjoyable to watch.
allot of Flat Buttons & a few colonial coins. :thumbsup:

The first steve jobs time Capsule one..... Eh :icon_scratch: I suppose if your an all things Computer Nerd & think Jobs was your god..... 1980's just doesn't cut it for me as old enough. was cool they found a Clad Quarter while searching though :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was the season premier? Do the two guys still act like they are mentally challanged?

I thought they would try and cut back on the goofeyness at least a little...But Nope....One minute ringmaster is digging something...Next minute he has a handful of grass in his mouth, running around like a fool, then rolling down a hill...those parts are almost too embarssing to watch

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they would try and cut back on the goofeyness at least a little...But Nope....One minute ringmaster is digging something...Next minute he has a handful of grass in his mouth, running around like a fool, then rolling down a hill...those parts are almost too embarssing to watch
They have got three seasons out of this so far...they would be crazy to change how they act...look what happened to all the other detecting shows that did it the boring way...they are gone.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They have got three seasons out of this so far...they would be crazy to change how they act...look what happened to all the other detecting shows that did it the boring way...they are gone.

Well, I can't argue with that. :occasion14:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I asked permission at an older house, got a yes and they said so long as I'm not jumping in there trees or diving through there dog house. So yea those clowns r doing wonders for our hobby.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you got permission, didn't you? So can't be that bad.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

geturdug

Dec 17, 2013
foothills nc
Detector(s) used
v3i coinmaster 6000/d series 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the people that watch this show when you tell them you metal detecte what do you think thiere first impresion of you do they see.They wonder if you are a moron like those two.I don't want them to represent me as a detectorist.I started watching the other night and turned it,can't stand the way they act.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you got permission, didn't you? So can't be that bad.

Yea I did...but them acting like that isn't good if a land owner thinks there acting like tools. They need to grow up and act like there professionals, Its embarrassing to the hobby.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe some land owners think hey those guys look like the have fun. Maybe those land owners think they are sexy, maybe those landowners think did I take my hip pill this morning? Or maybe they will think what everyone else thinks, we are just bums looking for spare change.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen it and think maybe eating sod and violently shaking apple trees, then taking a bite of an apple, chewing it while tumbling head first down a hill, stopping mid tumble to spit the now chewed apple out, then continuing your tumble down the hill may be a little over the top. Their personalities are wild and it probably attracts some viewers, I don't think they should completely change the way they act, just take it down a couple notches. No shame in being excited about something and hollering to your buddy, but the sod eating was a bit much I think. Ever watch H2 and see the excitement in the astronomers eyes and voices as they explain what a shooting star really is? Those types for me are fun to watch, although the subject matter may be considered extremely boring, their passion makes it interesting. Not saying detecting is boring for me, but some people could probably care less about it but enjoy seeing someone having fun.

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a fan of Steve Jobs and his legacy, the search for the time capsule was one of my favorite episodes. Like them or not, they get themselves into really cool places that many of us only dream about. I believe many people hated Elvis when he first started to shake up the industry with his "edgy" style. Mainly older people who didn't like/want change and tried to say his music was the devil. Now he is considered one of the greatest musicians of all time. There are always going to be groups of people that are against someone who is not like them. I guess its either evolve or sit there and shake your finger and reminisce with "back in my day" stories. Wow this post went to a weird place!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Well I'll tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed last nights episodes. The colonial coin digging was GREAT. Their antics and celebrations were fully warranted.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great show normal guys having fun doing what they love....hope its on for many more years. Notice how they are adding in ethics and comments on proper digging so they must be respecting the feedback that makes it to them. Too bad some of the members here just won't give them the respect they deserve. Knowledge of the hobby and more participants has a better chance of helping the hobby rather than hurting it. The hype about landowners turning people down because of this show is getting really old....wishing K.G. and Ringy uh-hem.... I mean those two *******z all the Roundness, Juice , Nectar, and respect they deserve keep it up fellas.

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never held a MD. I came across the show last year and thought it was a novel idea. To me it seems like two buds who enjoy detecting and know more about history than I do. I don't have a problem with the antics cause I think they do truly get excited with some of the interesting things they find. To my eye they seem fairly concerned about not tearing up the ground. I notice they usually dig a big plug out of the lawn instead of just digging the hole and piling dirt next to it. As far as every hole not looking perfect, remember this is television and perhaps they go around after taping to fix any irregularities.

I'll keep watching and learning. And there may even be a MD in my future. But I don't have the energy of The Ringmaster or King George so I'll probably just yell a little and then lay down and take a nap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread