Diggers

Have to give them some credit 3 years using them at pros now thats dedication .. lol ;-)

Have to give them some credit 3 years using them at pros now thats dedication .. lol ;-)

I bet 95% of your posts are related to the AT series... That's dedication lol. I'm guessing they get all the Garrett hardware they want for free, on top of an endorsement check. I noticed the first season they switched from Lesche diggers to the Garrett version... I want a TV show for some free loot.

I think everyone should remember these guys are hunting for others on this show, they have repeatedly said they donate their finds to the entity that has allowed the hunt to take place. They are also making a TV show, which I'm sure makes a good find more exiting because without the find you got no show. If someone hired me to find a lost item near and dear to their heart I might jump around and shake an apple off a tree myself just for the joy of giving a cherished item back to someone who lost it.

Everyone who has an opinion of this show, good or bad, should go to NatGeo's website and watch the videos about these guys, either way you lean at least you'll know a little more of what your posting about...good luck all in 2014.

I think everyone should remember these guys are hunting for others on this show, they have repeatedly said they donate their finds to the entity that has allowed the hunt to take place. They are also making a TV show, which I'm sure makes a good find more exiting because without the find you got no show. If someone hired me to find a lost item near and dear to their heart I might jump around and shake an apple off a tree myself just for the joy of giving a cherished item back to someone who lost it.

Everyone who has an opinion of this show, good or bad, should go to NatGeo's website and watch the videos about these guys, either way you lean at least you'll know a little more of what your posting about...good luck all in 2014.

No thanks I've seen enough of those clowns in one episode than I ever care to see again.

My two cents, I think getting excited about something and yelling to your buddy is one thing, and it's funny to me and I get excited. Watching them Running all over the place like crazy men seems too much and it becomes hard for me to watch. It almost becomes embarrassing. But, they it's be doing something right.

My two cents, I think getting excited about something and yelling to your buddy is one thing, and it's funny to me and I get excited. Watching them Running all over the place like crazy men seems too much and it becomes hard for me to watch. It almost becomes embarrassing. But, they it's be doing something right.

If it wasn't a TV show I'd feel the same.

I do get excited enough on occasion to let everything lay & walk over to a hunting Buddy
to show them a find I just made.
I even made a couple phone calls after finding certain items by myself.
Of course Health Wise , if I were to act like them, My hunting buddy would need to dial 911 :laughing7:
but even if I had the health, I'd be too Embarrassed to do that.

Now if I was in Excellent health & being paid to act like a fool on TV ?
I may think if the 3 stooges can do it, So can I :dontknow:

The Steve Jobs Mouse should auction off at about one Million dollars and the backhoe guy was even jumping around! Their antics seem lower key than before and then saying to respect the environment they are digging in was great! Love the show!

I asked permission at an older house, got a yes and they said so long as I'm not jumping in there trees or diving through there dog house. So yea those clowns r doing wonders for our hobby.
Without the show you would have got a NO from the owners...thanks for letting everyone know KG and Ringy are doing wonders for the hobby. :headbang:

Without the show you would have got a NO from the owners...thanks for letting everyone know KG and Ringy are doing wonders for the hobby. :headbang:

It was actually a friend of the family so I really wasnt worried about a no. But whatever helps u easy ur mind thinking this is a good show and they are not idiots.

I bet 95% of your posts are related to the AT series... That's dedication lol. I'm guessing they get all the Garrett hardware they want for free, on top of an endorsement check. I noticed the first season they switched from Lesche diggers to the Garrett version... I want a TV show for some free loot.
I can tell you that diggers were using Garrett detectors a long time before they were on TV………………………... I started getting there DVD's they made long before they were on TV …… Around 2005 or 2006 .. and they were using Garrett detector's back then at that time they used Garrett's GTI 1500 And Garrett GTI 2500…. And were Garrett dealers and if i remember right that is the only detectors they sold……….. Ringmaster and king G. were detecting for a lot of years and have made some very good finds ……. And they both worked hard to get were they are now …… So you have to give them credit …. Tonight i watched there show because it was from western Pa. the first show i watched of theres in about 1 1/2 years and i will say i thought it was a good show so i will watch more….

Last edited:
The great thing about metal detecting, in my opinion, is that its all about going slow. You really don't need to be in shape or have high energy, because you can do it for 30 minutes or 7 hours ..... its all up to you. You want to be slow and methodical and not miss anything. I actually find it to be very therapeutic as well as relaxing. These days you can get an ok starter model that will actually find stuff for as low as $200.00 - might be worth a try.......

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

The great thing about metal detecting, in my opinion, is that its all about going slow. You really don't need to be in shape or have high energy, because you can do it for 30 minutes or 7 hours ..... its all up to you. You want to be slow and methodical and not miss anything. I actually find it to be very therapeutic as well as relaxing. These days you can get an ok starter model that will actually find stuff for as low as $200.00 - might be worth a try....... Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet
I agree...its a great hobby...when Im swinging my coil, I don't have a care in the world.

Yep I'm not so sure they would want their neighbors see you acting like that in their yard, I'm sure if you did the homeowners would be embarrassed that they gave you permission.
Yea I did...but them acting like that isn't good if a land owner thinks there acting like tools. They need to grow up and act like there professionals, Its embarrassing to the hobby.

Maybe they would be embarrassed they gave you permission and what their neighbors must be thinking?
Maybe some land owners think hey those guys look like the have fun. Maybe those land owners think they are sexy, maybe those landowners think did I take my hip pill this morning? Or maybe they will think what everyone else thinks, we are just bums looking for spare change.

This is my first post here, but have been swinging a coil for 15+ years, I just located an 1800's house & property and researched the owner, I went to the owner's & asked for permission to hunt the property of the old house...they gave me permission because they enjoyed "that diggers show" they watched last Tuesday. Thanks Diggers.

I don't think so it all depends where your asking like around here I get permission about 80% of the time, now down by my father in laws house in the country you'll be lucky if you got permission 20% of the time unless you know someone around where they live. This is before the show, when I'm asking now I'm hoping they haven't seen the show as I believe that's my best shot.

giphy.gif

It will never end.

The show is OK, but it would be better if they took the focus off the diggers and focused on the finds.

It's not their fault they act up so much. Reality tv is big business these days because it's so cheap to produce, and the thinking is people watch it because of the personalities of the participants. There's even a school in NY where you can learn how to get cast in reality shows (they basically teach you how to amplify your personality).

It's probably true for shows like Big Brother, and Honey Boo Boo, but a show about treasure hunting doesn't need antics and side bets and cute lingo. The drama of the hunt is compelling enough.

The problem is that nobody gets it, I hear so many times about how it's reality tv and that's why they act the way they do and the lingo. The lingo has been around long before the show and so has the antics. Tim was the one that produced all the DVDs that we put out. We always took a camera and filmed what we found but he put it all together in a Monty Python style DVD, with crazy bits in between the finds. Personally I liked the DVDs better but they were way more crazy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back