Nick79
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jan 28, 2018
- Messages
- 763
- Reaction score
- 1,929
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- California
- Detector(s) used
- Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Hi all,
Just got an equinox 800. Started a little over a year ago with a harbor freight, than an ace 350, then a whites quantum 2. I feel like the equinox is picking up way more metal and a lot deeper, but it's going off like crazy and I find my self digging more trash than ever and the vdi do not seem that reliable. Gold seems to have a huge range, same with silver and bottle caps and pull tabs are all over too. I was able to figure out the other machines pretty easy and learned trash pretty good vs good signals.
Any tips for me? I found working the target all the way around helps a bit. I am mainly hunting in park 2, 5 tone.
Thanks,
Nick
Just got an equinox 800. Started a little over a year ago with a harbor freight, than an ace 350, then a whites quantum 2. I feel like the equinox is picking up way more metal and a lot deeper, but it's going off like crazy and I find my self digging more trash than ever and the vdi do not seem that reliable. Gold seems to have a huge range, same with silver and bottle caps and pull tabs are all over too. I was able to figure out the other machines pretty easy and learned trash pretty good vs good signals.
Any tips for me? I found working the target all the way around helps a bit. I am mainly hunting in park 2, 5 tone.
Thanks,
Nick
, it will take a bit to learn the nuances of the new machine. If you are in a very high traffic area that contains lots of trash, you must dig all signals from lower to higher end mid-tones; this is where the gold is hiding. When in doubt, dig it out! 









