What's new

Dime Dream Box on Youtube :o)

Silverbelle

Greenie
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
For those who haven't seen this, I thought it was pretty cool to see. Its a two part vidoe and the guy gets a bunch of silver dimes..... he has his son (about 2 1/2) helping out.. too cute.

Makes me want to get some dimes and try them.... :tongue3:

BTW... I'm not sute how to make this a URL so you may have to cut and paste. OH, and I PROMISE I will not post anything else today!


 
Upvote 0
Thee only problem I see is you violated one of the cardinal (not a red bird) rules of CRH'ing by posting on Utube.

Great find though 4.8 ounces Silver.
 
Yeah, I have seen that before. It still pisses me off that someone would post that on Youtube.
 
Yeah not good joo joo but awesome pull on the dimes. This was posted about a year ago. Still no videos on youtube please.

Golden Silver
 
I've searched over 160 boxes of dimes that were acquired from several different banks,in and out of state. The most I ever got was 11 keepers,and that only happened once.
I certainly don't have a film crew standing by when I open a box of dimes, and I don't believe everything I see on U-Tube
 
Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to link to a youtube video....

So is it upsetting because it gives others the idea to CRH?
 
Silverbelle said:
Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to link to a youtube video....

So is it upsetting because it gives others the idea to CRH?
Nothing wrong, you only posted a link to the tube, from a crhing forum. ffd
 
Silverbelle said:
Sorry, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to link to a youtube video....

So is it upsetting because it gives others the idea to CRH?

What they are saying is the #1 rule of CRH Club is never talk about CRH Club.......
 
Bloody showoff! I hate it.
 
Yep that's my MD'ng buddy. I had a video up at the same exact time but I just left it up for 2 weeks then took it down. When he posted it he added a link here in the CRH section and he just about got nailed to a cross so he stopped posting in the CRH section. :-\ It can be argued that it can hurt CRH'ng but you can only find the video if you specifically look for it and in that case you already know about coin roll hunting. Also at the time here on tnet there was a story from western eastern magizine right on the bottom of the page where everybody can see and it had pix with a step by step instructions on how to do it. If anything that was more of a killer than just a random video. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also if you really think that CRH'ng is a super secret hobby, just type in "coin roll hunting" into yahoo or google and see what comes up - 1,000's of pages of exactly how to do it.... just a thought.... ;D
 
TreasureFiend said:
Yep that's my MD'ng buddy. I had a video up at the same exact time but I just left it up for 2 weeks then took it down. When he posted it he added a link here in the CRH section and he just about got nailed to a cross so he stopped posting in the CRH section. :-\ It can be argued that it can hurt CRH'ng but you can only find the video if you specifically look for it and in that case you already know about coin roll hunting. Also at the time here on tnet there was a story from western eastern magizine right on the bottom of the page where everybody can see and it had pix with a step by step instructions on how to do it. If anything that was more of a killer than just a random video. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also if you really think that CRH'ng is a super secret hobby, just type in "coin roll hunting" into yahoo or google and see what comes up - 1,000's of pages of exactly how to do it.... just a thought.... ;D

I have to agree. What a double standard. Those who were around when the magazine article came out knew who it was. That person is current in this forum and doesn't catch ANY flak. I tell people about CRH. Most of them just look at me like I have two heads. For every person that starts to CRH there is a person that stops. So since I can gurantee you that no one will rag on this person in the article, then it's only fair not to rag on anyone else.
 
I guess being a newcomer to all of this I'm still a little confused. If I posted it HERE in the Coin Roll Hunting Forum, where all of you already know what it is and are doing it, how does it hurt CRH?

I for sure will not do it again but just trying to understand. Can people who view the video on YouTube somehow track it down that there is a link to it in this forum?? :dontknow:
 
Silverbelle said:
I guess being a newcomer to all of this I'm still a little confused. If I posted it HERE in the Coin Roll Hunting Forum, where all of you already know what it is and are doing it, how does it hurt CRH?

I for sure will not do it again but just trying to understand. Can people who view the video on YouTube somehow track it down that there is a link to it in this forum?? :dontknow:

Ah, don't sweat it- I've had folks on another Forum zero in on me for posting my big finds, like in my first 3 months the lowest monthly total found was believe 48 ounces then 102, then 62; it seemed in those first 3 months Silver was raining down on me, then it just about dried up the 4th month was under 6 ounces & most of that was cold calls on Banks- am entering my 6th month and things are finally picking up a little did 5.9 oz's the wife only 1.1 last week.

CRH'ing has been mentioned at least twice in Coin Mags in last few weeks so a Utube post is not gonna make much of a diff in the big pic anyway; think much of what we are getting is what is coming into system pipeline by those who dump stuff they have held long time.
 
nyiangelo said:
TreasureFiend said:
Yep that's my MD'ng buddy. I had a video up at the same exact time but I just left it up for 2 weeks then took it down. When he posted it he added a link here in the CRH section and he just about got nailed to a cross so he stopped posting in the CRH section. :-\ It can be argued that it can hurt CRH'ng but you can only find the video if you specifically look for it and in that case you already know about coin roll hunting. Also at the time here on tnet there was a story from western eastern magizine right on the bottom of the page where everybody can see and it had pix with a step by step instructions on how to do it. If anything that was more of a killer than just a random video. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Also if you really think that CRH'ng is a super secret hobby, just type in "coin roll hunting" into yahoo or google and see what comes up - 1,000's of pages of exactly how to do it.... just a thought.... ;D

I have to agree. What a double standard. Those who were around when the magazine article came out knew who it was. That person is current in this forum and doesn't catch ANY flak. I tell people about CRH. Most of them just look at me like I have two heads. For every person that starts to CRH there is a person that stops. So since I can gurantee you that no one will rag on this person in the article, then it's only fair not to rag on anyone else.
He was reprimanded but the posts disappeared as fast as they were posted. Names were changed, good posts were left unposted... could go on and on. HH though, Mark
 
Silverbelle said:
I guess being a newcomer to all of this I'm still a little confused. If I posted it HERE in the Coin Roll Hunting Forum, where all of you already know what it is and are doing it, how does it hurt CRH?

I for sure will not do it again but just trying to understand. Can people who view the video on YouTube somehow track it down that there is a link to it in this forum?? :dontknow:

You did nothing wrong. The problem is with the guy who made the youtube video (I see no problem with that). The wording in the initial responses sound as if you did something wrong, but that would only be if you made the video.
 
Me too, have told, lost count how many peoples of my CRH'in finds, most just smile at me; only 1 guy tried it- got 2 boxes from his Bank did 10 rolls found nuthin- called me asked if I'd buy the other 90, said it was too tedious for him.
 
Personally, I see no problem with it, but each to their own.
 
SB....I don't feel you did anything wrong. You were just sharing a story of a hobby we all enjoy.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the video. CRH'ing has been around for a VERY long time and will still be around for many, many years to come. There are thousands of CRH'ers out there and why not??......it's a fun hobby.

What is the difference in this hobby and metal detecting? Do you want to keep metal detecting from everyone? Not one of us can make a living doing this........not one of us can retire from our finds or future finds or life time total finds for that matter........it's just a hobby.

You can tell some people about it and explain how to make a few extra dollars and they still will not be interested. Some might be interested but most will not be. It takes that special something to run to point A, point B, point C and D and so on chasing coins and then run to point Z to dump them and then do it all over again.

If you do tell someone about it and they try it and happen to enjoy it......you have brought a little happiness to someone who otherwise may not have that in their life.

I do know there are many views on this subject.......this is just mine. Keep em coming........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom