What's new

Dimes

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Anybody ever tried the "volume" game with dimes?
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my first box of halves, since that time I have searched with every dollar I could save, scrape or steal and I am dam tired. Last week was 42 boxes, over 90 for July so far. Anyways I began the shutdown procedure today- will take a week. At yesterdays pickup I told them no halves for next week but give ME 12 boxes of dimes. Tomarrows pickup where I get 12 boxes of halves, next week I will get 24 or 28 of dimes instead. I really hate the dimes but today I picked up a box with my halves to practice on and got 6 Rosies- thats a first. Have to shut down to prepare for vacation. I do better with large volumes of halves at a time so I thought I would try that theory on the dimes. Besides I am so used to spending a few K a day that I am afraid what I will drag home ifn I don't spend it on coins. HH everyone, Mark
 
Upvote 0
Yeah, you will get the dime box blues, but the average is 2.5 per box, (equivelent 1 90% kennedy per $500 dime box.) If you are into dimes for the money, it's probably easier/cheaper to buy from the coin shop or e-pay.

AMC
 
I'm just getting the dimes to keep from blowing my hunting money on wine, women and song till I figure out what I want. The new cycle has begun here and I didn't want to buy up all the bad boxes right before quitting and leave the good ones for the competition- they should have to buy the bad ones too. Also maybe I'll get part of a hoard rolled and put in one box- or that lil gold eagle that I been waitin on. Someone found a 1/4oz gold eagle last year in a quarter roll, never know what people have in their change jar. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom