TheLittleMan

Aug 6, 2020
MN
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this in a friend’s grandma’s yard. They have veteran family, but couldn’t think of any disabled Vets. Any clues as to what this may have been a part of, so I could steer them in the right direction? No identifying marks, but maybe an old zipper? Keychain? Something else?
F0128B25-D78D-4C50-B6D4-026CF71B3154.jpeg E3A29D16-F35C-4E20-B476-0B3E3558B2B0.jpeg

Upvote 4

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These would be mailed to you as a courtesy. There was an insert inside it of your that was your current state license plate, even in the correct colors. The veterans were hoping for a donation to be mailed to them. If someone found your keys and dropped them in a mailbox. The veterans would pay the postage to get them back to you.
RJGMC

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These would be mailed to you as a courtesy. There was an insert inside it of your that was your current state license plate, even in the correct colors. The veterans were hoping for a donation to be mailed to them. If someone found your keys and dropped them in a mailbox. The veterans would pay the postage to get them back to you.
RJGMC

Correct except it was last years license plate, not the current one. That way if someone found your keys they wouldn't be able to ID your car and steal it if it was nearby. Back then, we got new plates every year with a different number. Gary

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those were cool. I remember when the DAV used to send those out. I've got a couple around here somewhere.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good one. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread