jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How Not To Destroy A Hornets Nest ! Man Gets Stung Multiple Times! Burnt & Stung !​

" I was walking down my driveway and got stung by a group of hornets who attacked me so I decided to destroy their hornets nest. My grand children play in the yard so I had no choice. Dont try this at home. Even though this video is funny, I was still stung at least 6 times. They got me in the head a couple times, under the armpit, in the side and a couple times in my stomach. I tried a bunch of different things to destroy their nest and actually did destroy most of it. However, it has since been completely rebuilt. Don't take this video seriously. Chill out and realize that there is such a thing as comedy. Okay, if you must, leave another comment about how weak the water pressure it. Don't worry, I am ok and I am use to pain. I've had my ears burnt when I was a firefighter, I've had my nose broken, I fell out of a barn and I fell off the roof of my house. Thanks for watching !"

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy never heard of this, I guess. Kill from a distance.

hornet spray.jpeg

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wait until after dark when bees don't fly then hit nest with a CO2 fire extinguisher. Freezes them to death and if you get the nozzle on the opening of the nest it kills them all. You do gotta get right close to do so but it works well.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Combine Kray and Gunsil's methods and you have a winner. When its PITCH BLACK DARK at night, take the Raid or another brand and hose the snot out of the nest. Problem over. And the queen and the eggs will also die. YESTERDAY I found a nest of yellow jackets just hatching right under my deck, 2' from the entrance door to the house. Not good as not safe to go out now and I'm allergic to them. I called the pest control company I have a contract with. Took them 3 hours to get here, today, not bad, he wasted the creeps with a 8' long puffer bottle on a wand with a nasty yellow jacket killer pesticide. They are all gone. As a precaution, I checked inside (they had gone into a cinder block), and none there! Then we used a 2 part epoxy putty I had and sealed the outside hole. Permanently. All dead!

For ground nests, wait until PITCH BLACK DARK and pour 1 pint of gasoline in the hole and run away! No need to light it. They suffocate. You can't do that right next to a building. And don't smoke when you're doing it. And don't have an open fire anywhere within 100' as the fumes are heavy and will stay near the ground for hours. And with our government its probably against the law somewhere.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew a guy that would find hornets nest in trees . He would put them in a plastic bag spray the heck out of it with some wasp spray. Then seal the bag of for maybe 30 days. He then would sell them on ebay for 60 DOLLARS and UP !!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How Not To Destroy A Hornets Nest ! Man Gets Stung Multiple Times! Burnt & Stung !​

" I was walking down my driveway and got stung by a group of hornets who attacked me so I decided to destroy their hornets nest. My grand children play in the yard so I had no choice. Dont try this at home. Even though this video is funny, I was still stung at least 6 times. They got me in the head a couple times, under the armpit, in the side and a couple times in my stomach. I tried a bunch of different things to destroy their nest and actually did destroy most of it. However, it has since been completely rebuilt. Don't take this video seriously. Chill out and realize that there is such a thing as comedy. Okay, if you must, leave another comment about how weak the water pressure it. Don't worry, I am ok and I am use to pain. I've had my ears burnt when I was a firefighter, I've had my nose broken, I fell out of a barn and I fell off the roof of my house. Thanks for watching !"

See if you can find the vid of the drone with the flamethrower.Good one!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh.
Hours of entertainment!
Only took a couple dozen stings for me to get stung less on future assaults.
Many decades later. I still get nailed now and then.
Last weeks raid went better though!
One last year I tried to launch a takeoff when hornets were charging ; but tripped over my crutches on the first step..

We quit collecting nests after Dad brought one in the house one winter. And it's occupants were merely sluggish , as opposed to dead or gone.
We would later use nest "paper" between powder and patched balls for our muzzle loaders to leave them loaded during deer season.

Yes , night time works best. Preferably cold nights.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh.
Hours of entertainment!
Only took a couple dozen stings for me to get stung less on future assaults.
Many decades later. I still get nailed now and then.
Last weeks raid went better though!
One last year I tried to launch a takeoff when hornets were charging ; but tripped over my crutches on the first step..

We quit collecting nests after Dad brought one in the house one winter. And it's occupants were merely sluggish , as opposed to dead or gone.
We would later use nest "paper" between powder and patched balls for our muzzle loaders to leave them loaded during deer season.

Yes , night time works best. Preferably cold nights.
A real cold night,headlight so you can see,and one of those propane weed burners with the 5 or 6 foot handle.Once you apply the flame,don,t stop until the things reduced to ashes. Might be a problem depending how high it is in the tree.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A real cold night,headlight so you can see,and one of those propane weed burners with the 5 or 6 foot handle.Once you apply the flame,don,t stop until the things reduced to ashes. Might be a problem depending how high it is in the tree.
I'm going to pass on setting trees on fire out of reach.
I do use a plumbers torch on tent caterpillars ; but can reach a ground fire.
(A neighbor started a fire and the fire department had to intervene. Claimed a burning of papers started it.
I knew it was a tent caterpillars nest burning prior without a fire watch after...)

Have fired nests after downing them. Been awhile though.
I usually catch them small enough to stomp.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to pass on setting trees on fire out of reach.
I do use a plumbers torch on tent caterpillars ; but can reach a ground fire.
(A neighbor started a fire and the fire department had to intervene. Claimed a burning of papers started it.
I knew it was a tent caterpillars nest burning prior without a fire watch after...)

Have fired nests after downing them. Been awhile though.
I usually catch them small enough to stomp.
Probably a better idea you have.:laughing7::icon_thumleft:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My house = this house my Grandfather finished in 1951 (I own it and live in it) has old tar & asbestos shingles on it, some of which are falling off now (I'm old and don't care). I was in the kitchen a few days ago and could hear a whole lot of humming going on. So I walked around the side of the house and a shingle was coming loose and seems to be a new and very active honey bee nest in my wall.....

Entertainment which I hope doesn't get into the house living space :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions