Do Not view this post! or you may...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
So anyway, most know I've got issues with paranoia, after what I noticed today, its justified!
Anyway, I wanted to look at Google earth to see something, was at my morning haunt, on their WiFi.
So anyway like most paranoid people, I make sure ALL the various my location settings are always turned OFF on my devices.

That being said when I launched Google earth, it zoomed in to where it assumed I was located, since it will use the last node before you connect to its servers, as your location.
Well where it zoomed into was nowhere near where I am located, but this extremely large white building in the middle of nowhere south of the Los Angeles basin, I zoomed out to try to get an idea of where it thought I was...this is when the paranoia jumped into hyperdrive, turns out that building is located, on of all places, a air force base....OK ? Am I missing something ?

Later on at home, using my own portable WiFi hotspot, what do you know!! Guess where it said I was again!!

OK then, I always knew the black helicopters were watching, but this takes it to the next level, which means they will see this, and I'll probably vanish along with this post for exposing the spies..

Or am I just being the paranoid schizophrenic they say I am ?

I took some screen shots, I think after some research it said I'm in a building near palmdale, that has a stealth aircraft on display outside, at least that's what it looks like on the grainy crappy pic.

So why is my net connecting through this place ?.
I'm gonna go hide in a hole in the ground now..
What's with the green circles ?
View attachment 987703
View attachment 987704
View attachment 987705

Mike

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Still researching why this is this way!
Something else, using Google to search something ( I know dumb ) wanted it to show my IP, and gee whiz, it showed it alright, along with the Google IP, and look how close that IP is to an interesting location, after this post, this Asus nexus 7 tablet is getting a hammer and torch taken to it, I'll pick up a new one later today!
View attachment 987718

Mike

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
IMPORTANT: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Sometimes paranoia is justified.

BTW, ASUS is a problem ... don't know about whether they permanently enable tracking but I stopped selling their products when they wouldn't honor their warranties

Green Circles are agricultural in nature. Take google earth to the Mississippi delta in Arkansas sometime and you'll see so many you'll think the whole state looks like polkadots.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Never mind ... this article may put your mind at ease --- it's all related to Google:

Google to restore Hangar One and operate runways at Moffett Field - San Jose Mercury News

Then again, maybe google is really ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐. Wouldn't that be scary!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing surprises me anymore, probably everybody's net gets routed through big brothers servers.
As for Asus, that's honestly the first time I've ever heard anybody say they have had trouble with them.
As far as I know, Asus is the Only PC maker that has a accidental damage replacement warranty, which plenty of people abuse, as in I tripped and my laptop fell in the pool, and they will give you a new one, mine fell in the jacuzzi, got a free one.

Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if it thinks your somewhere else,
the drones can't find you

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like Nitric, I just had to do it. I probably wouldn't have noticed if it'd been from someone I wasn't familiar with; but I've seen a lot of Mike's posts. I've used Asus parts, motherboards, video cards, etc. a lot of times. I've never had problems with them. In fact, I've never had to send anything back under warranty. I've bought a lot of different brands; but I have used Asus parts more than others.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I used to use ASUS motherboards exclusively in my gaming builds. They worked excellent, but ran into a couple of bad boards and had trouble getting them replaced. Thank goodness New Egg didn't remove my ratings of the products, and ASUS finally did the deed and replaced the units.

Then ASUS sold me a video card that they claimed was a gamer card, telling me how great it was so I bit, hard - early adopter. One of the last of the AGP cards ... HD3450. Truth is, it was NOT a gamer.

Yeah, all gaming cards get 20fps max running older games like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (2002 game from EA). Tried everything to get it replaced, and when I finally did the new card was WORSE than the original. Demanded a refund in 2007 (I think), I'm still waiting. That ain't how you do business.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if you have a microcenter store near you Chadeaux, but I only buy from them, they will match or beat net prices, including newegg and I have returned items upwards of 11 months later.
Though they know I'm almost always going to buy something else, for their own returns, they send items back to their vendor, the have a weird setup to where they don't eat costs on returns.
I love that place, like a kid in a candy store, huge and full of great deals.
Store Locations | Micro Center

Mike

PS off my own topic.
Ever had a lucid dream, and then later on down the road, it really happens to you ?
Happened to me several times in my life, caused some intense deja vu moments.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its just me Mike messing with ya out of my cave headquarters... I drilled down and put up a huge antenna (doubling as a tree). I'm having a blast. Generator fumes are causing problems though as I tend to sleep a lot.

FYI: I can barely turn one on (computer).

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BC1969!! No Problems!! Just take a little Seroquel and it will resolve your paranoia!! Then they will come and take you away!! He He!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike go outside look up smile then lift your arm and give them the finger......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for giggles and to see what would happen, I typed in "Where am I" on Google Earth and it showed I was in the middle of a forest in Austria in Europe.. For the record, I'm sitting on my sofa in my home in Alabama, I've never been to Europe...

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
War%20Eagle.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Roll Tide!! In memory of the greatest there ever was
Paul Bear Bryant.
Never will he be forgotten, at least not by me or my family, now if I could just go back home to Gordo.

Mike

Passed by his birthplace south of Fordyce, Arkansas weekend before last ... not too far from where the battle of Marks Mill took place during the Civil War.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope its a diesel generator..for if using a gasoline generator in a enclosed area such as your cave, you indeed may have a blast. :laughing7:Mike

Hold on Mike... I gotta light a candle... Can't read your last post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread