What's new

Do Onions Oval

dowser

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
1,412
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
Other
My best year at these 4 kinds of Long day onions.
Their starting to touch, and are tennis ball size.
If they're heading to blooming Onion size, will they Oval out? I'm gonna find out..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250711_125606225.webp
    IMG_20250711_125606225.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20250711_125552580.webp
    IMG_20250711_125552580.webp
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
Greens and the root. Greens obviously boiled with fat meat salt pepper,but the root is different. Growing up we had them cubed and stewed (edible but not my favorite) later in life learned they could be mashed in with potatoes (big fan). Much later (I’ll assume after a few adult beverages one night) we were frying fish. Had cooked potatoes, squash, okra, etc……but still had people to feed. A peeled/sliced turnip, rolled in egg/milk then in flour salt/pepper and deep fried is outstanding.
 
Ok. My apologies…..my previous response was supposed to be RE: do you like turnips. Not sure how it got here.
It's OK we all understand why it happened
"Much later (I’ll assume after a few adult beverages one night)"😁
 
My buddy said they wouldn't grow if I didn't thin them, so I didn't thin them, and some are Oval shape.. All are fine!
Plenty enough for my needs..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250806_132526246_HDR.webp
    IMG_20250806_132526246_HDR.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20250806_134126213.webp
    IMG_20250806_134126213.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom