What's new

Do We All Have A Dark Side?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a big falling out recently with someone who really means a lot to me. I mean the contention got so strong I tore her picture up and flushed it. By a miracle it turned out I was right this time in our "disagreement." I was surprised by that fact and am still trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Anyway, now I have to try to mend my relationship with that person.

But why do we have these bad encounters? I mean, 99% of us here are near unto perfection yet we all sometimes have our off days (with some exceptions). Those times when it's like...make any move and I'll scratch your eyes out! But that's not really the way we are as a general rule. Why do we have those times?

And too I've noticed that when I have those bad days I end up hurting the people who mean the most to me. It just doesn't figure.

Do we have some sort of a Stephen King style dark side? A monster within?
 
It's because we're a$$'oles. :thumbsup:

 
Was alcohol involved :dontknow: That is a number one cause of clouding ones judgement. If alcohol may have been a contributing factor, I'd say steer clear of the sauce. If not, read on. :tongue3:

First thing I would do is working on improving the percentage in being right. Once you reverse this and it's a miracle if you are wrong, then you're on the right track. That being said, once you are right, don't argue the point, back down and discuss it another time :thumbsup:

I would guess everyone has a bad day and that would have included Mother Theresa, it's human nature. The key is to recognize your short comings and what sets it off.

Hey, maybe I was helpful one time in a row :laughing9:
 
No one can drive us crazier than those we care most about.

We have these fallouts because we feel betrayed. It happens when those closest to us does something than appears either insensitive or a back stab. "We put our trust in them and this is what they do?" That's the thought probably going through your head, so you lash out.

Nothing makes the blood boil faster than a sense of betrayal.
 
Hola my friend, 99/ .99% of the time it is pure EGO, nothing more. whene one is unsure of themselves, they simply lash out . Just review some of the posts in here .

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don jose de la Mancha
 
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
Hola my friend, 99/ .99% of the time it is pure EGO, nothing more. whene one is unsure of themselves, they simply lash out . Just review some of the posts in here .

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don jose de la Mancha
nope the Warden has mine in a box somewhere with other stuff but there is a dark side of good :read2:
 
Just tell her that you realize the worst feeling in the world is being in the middle of an argument and realizing you are wrong. Tell her you sympathize with how she must be feeling. Then tell her that the dog ate her picture and you'd like another one. Be sure to tell her you forgive her................. ::)
 
texastee2007 said:
Does it matter who is right or wrong....time for roses, dinner and make up sex.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: I'm always down !! haha
 
Dark side, bad day, bad mood-sure we all have them. Just surfaces more in some folks than others. We all know those people that seem to be full of negative energy all the time and those that just don't let life get them down. Half empty or half full-all depends on your outlook on life.
 
Michigan Badger said:
I had a big falling out recently with someone who really means a lot to me. I mean the contention got so strong I tore her picture up and flushed it. By a miracle it turned out I was right this time in our "disagreement." I was surprised by that fact and am still trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Anyway, now I have to try to mend my relationship with that person.

But why do we have these bad encounters? I mean, 99% of us here are near unto perfection yet we all sometimes have our off days (with some exceptions). Those times when it's like...make any move and I'll scratch your eyes out! But that's not really the way we are as a general rule. Why do we have those times?

And too I've noticed that when I have those bad days I end up hurting the people who mean the most to me. It just doesn't figure.

Do we have some sort of a Stephen King style dark side? A monster within?

Because we are born with a sinful nature.
 
Smudge said:
No one can drive us crazier than those we care most about.

We have these fallouts because we feel betrayed. It happens when those closest to us does something than appears either insensitive or a back stab. "We put our trust in them and this is what they do?" That's the thought probably going through your head, so you lash out.

Nothing makes the blood boil faster than a sense of betrayal.

Boy you hit my situation right on the head. Sometimes I wonder, who can we really trust anymore?
 
Yes, we do. Story of my life.
 

Attachments

  • hulk.webp
    hulk.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 345
"Does it matter who is right or wrong....time for roses, dinner and make up sex."
Tee's right! Tell her what kind of flowers you like, what you'd like most for dinner, then, put on some makeup and have sex! :icon_thumleft:
That Tee's a girl after my own heart! ;D
 
because were all a bit jedi / sith lord --- ying and yang -- light and dark --- yes I have a DARK SIDE * its a evil beast , I keep chained up inside deep within me , I seldom unchain him and let him run amuck except upon the most "deserving" of wicked and evil people at "special times" -- so very few folks even know that he even exist , and for those that do feel pity for them......... since "it" will not.
 
Imo, there is the best in the worst of us, and the worst in the best of us.
I always try to squash down, them feelings and emotions ,that arise outta of anger or fear, led by the ego. And some, will really try to test it, too!
I am always a better person, for defaulting to, proper unconditional Love. It took many years to train and plasticize the brain/mind, to hold the concept of pure Love.
Anything but, proper Love, is only error. It can be corrected.

Tough animal you gotta tame there. Love will always trump all!
If you feel you error'd, then forgiveness(just let it go, as the past behind you), humilty(so you can see good intentions of others, and co-operate with them), can set you on a new path, of better understanding. (uh oh, I thought I was on my chritian/paranormal site, oh my bad)

Lotsa luck with taming your beast, and pm me, if ya wanna a little uplifting direction.
Remember the "great fall", we all fell into dirt on a planet of death. Ain't NO ONE, on this planet fell, into no better dirt, than another poor soul. This is why we should not judge, no one's dirt, is any better than another. We should lift each other up, cause we are either, helping or hurting, any given situation. What fruits ya wanna be known for?
So sorry for the cats' upchuck on ya, I'm outta here..............
 
ivan salis said:
because were all a bit jedi / sith lord --- ying and yang -- light and dark --- yes I have a DARK SIDE * its a evil beast , I keep chained up inside deep within me , I seldom unchain him and let him run amuck except upon the most "deserving" of wicked and evil people at "special times" -- so very few folks even know that he even exist , and for those that do feel pity for them......... since "it" will not.

Yeah I gotta a little psycho kitty lives in me, I try not to let her out much either.


I also have another song, for those that wish to be mean to the cat! here, packyourback

and that was meant with love, in case you couldn't tell, sheesh............
 
Always comes back to the same old question:

If a tree falls in the forest, and a man is there to hear it, but no woman is, is he still wrong?
 
texastee2007 said:
Does it matter who is right or wrong....time for roses, dinner and make up sex.

The dinner and make up sex makes sense but why should she get "him" roses? Wouldn't a nice power tool be more appropriate?
 
given opportunity anyone is capable of horrible things....think of things done in war - not everything in that is done justly
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom