What's new

Do We All Have A Dark Side?

please explain why giving a man "power tools" or any type of "work tools"--which means basically more "work" to do for men areA OK gifts for women to give to men --but men giving a woman the female equal to men "power tools" / "work tools "--say a " new vacuum cleaner " or ironing board is NOT COOL , matter of fact its veiwed as a "insult" gift -- would not "take a break / have fun " items like say a new fishing pole or a new metal detector be a be more of a "proper" man gift ?
 
Drills, saws, grinders...all these are good. You can keep your stinking mowers. :tongue3:
 
ivan salis said:
please explain why giving a man "power tools" or any type of "work tools"--which means basically more "work" to do for men areA OK gifts for women to give to men --but men giving a woman the female equal to men "power tools" / "work tools "--say a " new vacuum cleaner " or ironing board is NOT COOL , matter of fact its veiwed as a "insult" gift -- would not "take a break / have fun " items like say a new fishing pole or a new metal detector be a be more of a "proper" man gift ?

I've got my girl trained, she gets me 18 year old scotch when she screws up :laughing7:
 
savant365 said:
ivan salis said:
please explain why giving a man "power tools" or any type of "work tools"--which means basically more "work" to do for men are A OK gifts for women to give to men --but men giving a woman the female equal to men "power tools" / "work tools "--say a " new vacuum cleaner " or ironing board is NOT COOL , matter of fact its veiwed as a "insult" gift -- would not "take a break / have fun " items like say a new fishing pole or a new metal detector be a be more of a "proper" man gift ?

I've got my girl trained, she gets me 18 year old scotch when she screws up :laughing7:
Yeah, the hubby think he got me trained too, just brought me home a pressure cleaner, see how long I'm out there cleaning, ok! :laughing7:

Ya might wanna be sure that scoth, ain't watered down! :-\
 
Smudge nailed it. Betrayal by someone you loved or thought was your best friend. Makes people turn ugly and for me ego has nothing to do with being stabbed in the back.
 
I was right, you are wrong.
I was wrong, you were right.

sure we all have those days.....the fights, nope not for us. We don't allow ourselves to go overboard....we walk away and cool down. I don't have that personality to hurt my husband and he does not have that personality to hurt me. (we are lucky) then we come back together and talk normally about 'what happened' and by then, heck it doesn't matter...it all gets worked out.

some people can check themselves even in the worst of feelings, I can. I never let anything go too far with a loved one...ever! point blank.

I grew up this way and so did hubby which works fine for us LOL


don't dwell. move on. past is past, incidents happen and if you dwell on it, then you give it power. don't give power to problems. if you were right, big deal. fix it and move forward fast. cause small problems/fights/etc people dwell on can cause a big rift. don't let that happen.
 
texastee2007 said:
Deadwood Dick said:
Smudge nailed it. Betrayal by someone you loved or thought was your best friend. Makes people turn ugly and for me ego has nothing to do with being stabbed in the back.
.


If it was a back stabben' someone need to do some explaining right before the door hits them in the rear, roses and power tools don't fix that.
ROFLMBO! Farmerchick too! LOL! :laughing7:

As one is kicked to the curb, because of uncorrectable error on his/her part, they are in a better position, to grab thier trashbag full of clothes, as I sling those out the door too! That's how I can best :help:

That don't mean I lost love for them, but, I also love me enough, to know, there are some things, which I will put up with NOT! :nono:

I hear ya down there ivan, it's a joke, man! Insanity not part of this household, we pretty lucky.
 
abusive relationship type people CAN only treat you as badly as you allow them too.

REMEMBER THIS ONE GOLDEN RULE *****it takes two to keep getting screwed over time and time again * the "do er' and the acceptee that just keeps on "allowing" it to occur , time and time again "because" the "acceptee" loves em ---- remember folks --amoungst humans ---love is a two way street---- because you can one way "love" someone totally and they can just be "living with you' so to speak --if someone truely "loves" you they WILL NOT TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP. --get a clue .
 
ivan salis said:
abusive relationship type people CAN only treat you as badly as you allow them too.

REMEMBER THIS ONE GOLDEN RULE *****it takes two to keep getting screwed over time and time again * the "do er' and the acceptee that just keeps on "allowing" it to occur , time and time again "because" the "acceptee" loves em ---- remember folks --amoungst humans ---love is a two way street---- because you can one way "love" someone totally and they can just be "living with you' so to speak --if someone truely "loves" you they WILL NOT TREAT YOU LIKE CRAP. --get a clue .

So true, I never really thought of it that way. You're right I'm sure.

One thing I've learned being a history buff and having general experience in life is that ONCE AN ENEMY, ALWAYS AN ENEMY (in caps for emphasis only). People don't appreciate being beaten and if they ever get a chance in the future they'll get revenge. We see plenty of this even today in our own country.

Take this and apply it to the average domestic situation and it explains a lot. I think what we often call "love" is really just temporary lust or hyped-up emotional need (fools gold or pseudo love). Anything but real love. The easiest thing in the world is to move from like to dislike to hatred. And once it's hatred (deep seated resentment) it can never really honestly ever be reversed.
 
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Well to answer the question about the thread title.......I plead the 5th! :laughing7:

Yup, and I think you have a lot of company. ;D
 
We would not last long if everything was all good. If everything went right for you, you would get bored real fast. All religions recognise good and evil existing. Take a good look at that Yin Yang symbol. It tells it all. In all good, there is a little bad and in all bad, there is a little good. Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom