FLauthor
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 22, 2004
- Messages
- 775
- Reaction score
- 212
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Minneola, FL
- Detector(s) used
- Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Coin finder asked if we wore glasses while TH'ing. So let me ask "Do you hunt barefoot or do you wear a water shoe?". Personally I wear SCUBA boots because after finding broken glass, sharp pieces of metal and big fish hooks in my scoop, I don't leave home without a pair.
I have a nice scar on my right foot I got as a child when I stepped on a broken beer bottle in the water while swimming.

I have a nice scar on my right foot I got as a child when I stepped on a broken beer bottle in the water while swimming.

Upvote
0


Where I live the weather and water is hot most of the year at the Eastern coasts, and I generally only wear a pair of beach shorts while detecting. Mostly for comfort, but my girlfriend also comes along most of the times and we spend some time relaxing too. I have recently found out the holes in the back-plate of my scoop damage the skin on my big toes after a few consecutive days hunting! Also, when water hunting I would prefer some dive booties when clearing away the top layer of sand by foot. You never know what you can expect! So I guess it'll be a pair of booties for me soon... I think those rubberised full-foot sandals could also work if you dont mind the sand in them... 







