What's new

Do You Know Your Own Cell Phone Number?

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
All I know is...
If I press No.1 and I get home
If I press No.2 I get my secretary
If I press No.3 the paramedics come to get me
 
why should I know my own number -- since I don't call myself --so only others need to know my number * to call me
 
ivan salis said:
why should I know my own number -- since I don't call myself --so only others need to know my number * to call me

Because when that really hot chick you strike up a convo with asks for your number.......
 
I am happily married --so no giving hot chicks my number * --unless I want to unhappily divorced which I do not -- ps the wife knows my phone number already since she pays the monthly phone bill
 
plus its so easy you get her number first * put it in your phone then when you ring her and it will show on her phone . ;D
 
No need to, don't own one. Strangely enough, my wife does have one, though. I have written this number down with an ink pen on a piece of paper and keep it in my billfold, along with family pictures printed on paper and real paper money. (sometimes at least) I started hating cell phones a lot more when I got called in to the office at work once and threatened for refusing to give my company my personal cel number. I didn't have one and had to get other folks to vouch for me.
 
The reason I thought of this today is someone asked me for my number and then slightly embarrassed I had to admit to an important customer that I didn't know it.

"You don't know your own Cell Phone number?" :laughing7:

The only thing I could think of was that excuse I don't call myself.

The only other time worse than this was when years ago I very ill (flu as I recall) I went to get a prescription filled and it was a first (and last) time at that pharmacy. The gal asked me the birth dates of all of our children (6) and I couldn't remember all of them. She bursted out laughing and said very loudly to a room filled with people...YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR OWN KIDS BIRTH DATES! lol I must admit I wasn't in a real humorous mood at the time. I said something to her I probably shouldn't have and the pharmacist took over and very politely filled my order.
 
No I have a hard time remembering my number also. So that is why I carry my detecting cards with me. So when someone ask for my number I just give them my card....Matt
 
I have a cell phone in the center divider of my car but never use it. It's for emergencies, MY emergencies, not when someone else wants to call me. I have no idea what the number is except the first no. is "5". I just put it on the charger once in a while in case I ever should need it.
 
I do but I often have to pause a second to think of it and my home #. I recently ran out of business cards or that's that route I usually take.
 
I can never remember mine either so I put "me" on my contact list with my number so I can look it up if need be.
 
I remember mine so that when I lose my phone at my house, I can tell my neighbor to call me in 10 minutes when I get back home so that I can find it. :thumbsup:

Fortunately, I've had to do this only once.





What?
OK! ::)

THREE TIMES! Are you happy now? :tongue3:

Best,
Scott
 
I know mine but then I got a thing for numbers. I still remember my phone number when I was in the 3rd grade, not to mention my address. I know everyones birthdates in my family including neices and nephews, aunts, uncles etc. and even old girlfriends from 20 years ago. I got this Rainman thing going on I think.
 
diggummup said:
I know mine but then I got a thing for numbers. I still remember my phone number when I was in the 3rd grade, not to mention my address. I know everyones birthdates in my family including neices and nephews, aunts, uncles etc. and even old girlfriends from 20 years ago. I got this Rainman thing going on I think.

Ummmm....
Bro,
Do you understand the concept of "counting cards" like I can?
2 or 3 deck "shoe?"
Do you know the numbers associated with the odds of drawing to an inside straight?
The casinos know the numbers and odds and win at taking money from saps that don't. If you know numbers as well or better than the casinos, you can win.
Actually, it's best to play against OTHER players at table games. Leave the casino's cut to the minimum. :thumbsup:

How do you fare, Rainman?

Let's hook up and go to Vegas! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott
 
no... i have to look it up every time! its a crazy set of numbers that just dont sound
right... or go together... so there is no real good way to remember them! :help:
or maybe its old age? :)
 
diggummup said:
I know mine but then I got a thing for numbers. I still remember my phone number when I was in the 3rd grade, not to mention my address. I know everyones birthdates in my family including neices and nephews, aunts, uncles etc. and even old girlfriends from 20 years ago. I got this Rainman thing going on I think.
Time to change your user name to RAINMAN lol ;D
 
K*E*L*L*Y said:
no... i have to look it up every time! its a crazy set of numbers that just dont sound
right... or go together... so there is no real good way to remember them! :help:
or maybe its old age? :)

I'll bet MikeofAustin knows it by Heart. :tongue3:
 
WindHarvester said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
no... i have to look it up every time! its a crazy set of numbers that just dont sound
right... or go together... so there is no real good way to remember them! :help:
or maybe its old age? :)

I'll bet MikeofAustin knows it by Heart. :tongue3:

funny stuff.....
 
diggummup said:
I know mine but then I got a thing for numbers. I still remember my phone number when I was in the 3rd grade, not to mention my address. I know everyones birthdates in my family including neices and nephews, aunts, uncles etc. and even old girlfriends from 20 years ago. I got this Rainman thing going on I think.

Man, that's just beyond words. I've had my social security number since 1960 and I still don't know it all. I did manage to learn the first 4 numbers because I need them to get into my checking account.

I've never known any of my license plate numbers. I would have flunked an Alzheimer's test when I was 9. I'm not kidding, I have always had a horrible memory.
 
AU24K said:
diggummup said:
I know mine but then I got a thing for numbers. I still remember my phone number when I was in the 3rd grade, not to mention my address. I know everyones birthdates in my family including neices and nephews, aunts, uncles etc. and even old girlfriends from 20 years ago. I got this Rainman thing going on I think.

Ummmm....
Bro,
Do you understand the concept of "counting cards" like I can?
2 or 3 deck "shoe?"
Do you know the numbers associated with the odds of drawing to an inside straight?
The casinos know the numbers and odds and win at taking money from saps that don't. If you know numbers as well or better than the casinos, you can win.
Actually, it's best to play against OTHER players at table games. Leave the casino's cut to the minimum. :thumbsup:

How do you fare, Rainman?

Let's hook up and go to Vegas! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott
Ther's only one problem.... I forgot where I put my car keys! :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom