What's new

Do you think its worth it to become a charter member?

Detectingfreak said:
what are the perks? :icon_sunny:

I see it as helping out a website I very much enjoy.

A subscription to Western & Eastern Treasures is $33/year. This is much cheaper and a lot more fun. You get to use the search feature, get to talk about all the non-charter menbers behind their backs in the Charter Members Only forum. And the chicks dig the red Treasure Net blazer and the key to the Treasure Net lounge at airports.

:3some: :3some: :3some:

And you get to see the next two smilies in this series. :tongue3:
 
Beats me. I didn't even remember my OWN name for three days after that.

Who knew Marc was such a host?

Ah, Venice . . .
 
CanUDigIt said:
I would have joined a while ago, but I am not opening a paypal account just to do it. I have no desire to open a paypal account and do not want one. I get so much ebay and paypal spam that I can delete all of it with the piece of mind of knowing that it is spam. I would gladly send a check or money order.
Perhaps I shouldn't butt in here since I'm not a Charter Member but your comments force me to. I'm an eBay seller and have a PayPal account. Once in a while eBay will send me a notice for this or that but it's minimal and nothing to write home about. Once in a while I also receive snail mail spam. I've never received word one from PayPal. So, if you want to send me a private message or you can post it here, I'd like to know what kind of spam you're complaining about and the frequency of the spam (NOT operating frequency! :D )

I've found PayPal to be eBay's best division and I probably would not be selling on eBay if PayPal was not available. Waiting for a Money Order, or a check, or whatever, something that one may never receive can be frustrating. PayPal is instantaneous and you can transfer the payment within seconds of receiving it to your bank account. The fees are another story 'cause eBay is hitting you twice.

Silver Fox
 
Silver Fox, they are actually spoof emails fishing for info. They are not really email from ebay or paypal. I get notices that I bought things and someone is reporting me for nonpayment saying they are from ebay. It is usually the weirdest items too. I also get account update requests and messages that my account may have been compromised saying they are from paypal. I am tired of forwarding them to the fraud depts. I don't have an account so now I just delete them. I really don't buy much on-line. If I was a seller, I would definitely have an account though. I know that as a seller, they are hitting you pretty good with fees and must hurt your profit a bit. I guess it's a trade-off for the security and speed of the transaction when dealing with the public in today's world. I wish you and your business the best. Good luck to you!
 
What canudigit said times 2.Too many fraud attempts to justify continued Paypal use.
 
CanUDigIt said:
Silver Fox, they are actually spoof emails fishing for info. They are not really email from ebay or paypal. I get notices that I bought things and someone is reporting me for nonpayment saying they are from ebay. It is usually the weirdest items too. I also get account update requests and messages that my account may have been compromised saying they are from paypal. I am tired of forwarding them to the fraud depts. I don't have an account so now I just delete them. I really don't buy much on-line. If I was a seller, I would definitely have an account though. I know that as a seller, they are hitting you pretty good with fees and must hurt your profit a bit. I guess it's a trade-off for the security and speed of the transaction when dealing with the public in today's world. I wish you and your business the best. Good luck to you!
You're right about those spoof emails, I used to get them regularly. And I did, once in a while, forward them to the spoof departments at eBay and PayPal. But I had forgotten about the spoof emails 'cause I haven't received any in a long time; out of sight, out of mind. I wonder why it stopped for me.

The fees are what hurt sellers most, as exemplified by the constant bitchin' on the seller forums, but on the other hand we (sellers) are being exposed to the largest amount of buyers anywhere. Not everything sells, but it's not eBay's fault. I specify instant payment or don't bother bidding.

While I do not have a business, I'm an individual seller of odds and ends, I do appreciate your good wishes. Thanks.

SF
 
You've sold me on the charter membership. Not going to get it until june when I get my Minelab Explorer SE. Thanks for all the imput! ;D
 
Sweeeet! Can't wait to see ya there! :icon_sunny:
 
As others have said, it is a small price to pay in order to help support this forum we all enjoy. My favorite "perk" is the search engine.
To those of you who are going to join up soon that is great news. I hope at least one of you can "belly dance." :love10: ;D
 
lol Pepper...gotta love ya! The belly dance certainly is special! :tongue3:
 
what is the requirements for being a charter member ? can one pay with a check ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom