DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anybody know anything about Joeseph Cummins?
I just read his book (thanks for the links)
Is he still in the Caballos?
Has he succeeded in developing the cable claims?
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
whiskey rat

go to the east side of Palomas Gap and look for the Big Spring at the base of the Cliff there . that is what you are looking for .
ask Joe Cummins Lure of Caballo book

I was at the east side of Polomas Gap a couple months ago.
There are dozens, maybe hundreds of springs and cliffs.
saying "go to the big spring at the base of the cliff" is nonsense.
it means nothing of value to anyone actually searching.
wr

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WR,

Just so everybody knows, adtofca/2daystravel/Michael Canning was given a long time-out. No need posting anything to him for at least a year.

Also, I tried contacting Joe Cummins (no "G") via his contact info on his site, but nothing got through.

Mike

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
Mike I wouldn't bet on 2 days not coming back until I personally saw the wooden stake driven through his heart. He must use something like Dragon Speak to type because he is all over the place in a short time frame. He came back as adtofca with a different voice at first but it didn't take long for the voice to change back to 2 days. Looks like he is mainly interested in Victoria Peak but blows smoke by commenting on other threads with generalized comments that don't amount to anything.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
markmar, mdog, and any one else, maybe this will help.
What good is a map unless it gives you defined instructions on what to look for.I believe on this map there is a set of instructions and only one place to look for.
the dotted trail takes you to an area marked cabollo, there it has marked almacen. on each side of this area there are two triangle markers on the trail pointing
to the area marked cabollo and almacen. notice the dotted trail takes you from cabollo to the upper right side of the map to what looks like a hill or mnt with a
certain shape. the dotted trail from cabollo takes you to the heart, but the heart area has no name,only almacen. but if you notice the area marked cabollo it has
almacen with three crosses below it. at the top of the heart notice it has almacen and right below it is three crosses. I think the hill or mnt shape on the right hand
side of the map shows you what to look for in the cabollo's. once you find that area I think the heart and other signs around it are what you need to look for in that
area to find the almacen. notice there is a circle in between almacen and the three crosses in the area marked cabollo. hope this helps,np:cat:

NP:
since the 2 maps labeled 1937 were found with this "lil map", do you think the 1937 maps also apply to this particular almacen?
thanks
wr

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo W R, I have no idea, like I said, I have never tried to work them, maybe our Amigo Real can help. np:cat:

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ONLY guessing but those three crosses mentioned in the 1937 "maps' COULD be Las Cruces??? The Alamacen has that "Alamen" sound, the German who lived around the Hatch area during the Spanish inquisition, I think?! His name comes up once in a while when talking about the area directly south of Caballo

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleMatt:
Did NP give you any hints as to which spring this might be?
I went out from Rincon a couple months ago to many many springs. There are all over the place.
Nothing yet with a rock cliff above it.
Its still on my radar but would be nice to narrow down the search a bit instead of "the spring by Rincon" of which there are hundreds.
wr

No, I never heard back about this. And I was unaware there were a large number of springs around Rincon.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, I never heard back about this. And I was unaware there were a large number of springs around Rincon.

Well its amazing how many springs there are. If you zoom in using GE you can locate dozens and dozens.
So, i plotted them all in my gps tablet navigation device and in October I went looking for them one by one.
Found a bunch, could not get to a few.
still have dozens located that I have not visited.
However, they are not anymore like the springs they were in the 1920's and 1930's I think.
Pretty much every one of them now have large man made levies around them made by bulldozers pushing up earth to form a dike to stop runoff water and collect a pool.
So, many of these were probly not considered a spring in 1930, because without the man made dike, they would not have water at that location???
Its very difficult to tell which ones where a natural spring long ago and which ones are just more recent man made "pools" of collected run off.

They are also now just a cow **** polluted dirty pool of water that nobody would ever camp near.

So, we need to find some "natural" springs with fresh water and perhaps old vegetation, perhaps some older trees, indicative of a natural and old spring.

would be nice to have a 1930 topo map that shows the springs as they were then.

wr

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also think the whole area has experienced less rainfall in recent decades than back then. So perhaps the water table has fallen and springs that were once more productive are now much smaller.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with a NM woman who was over 100, and she remarked that once most of the state was covered in grass, and now it is mostly gone. That speaks volumes...

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's,:coffee2: Women were the real architects of this treasure story about VP,and didn't even know it,everyone has heard the saying, a woman scorned, well thats my key to you,have a happy day,np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo, I mean exactly what I said,The only thing people really know about VP is what Doc told Ova,and what Doc wanted her to believe .And at the same time,every other woman, before, and after, and during Ova ,each had a different story told to them by Doc. Yes I mean---??:coffee2::coffee2: <--Genuine Burro juice:coffee2:,not toe jam,or regular:coffee2: (:censored::censored::censored:) NP:cat:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sock please, NP's has left a , shall we say, a sour spot in my stomach. Just imagine how high the instructor's blood pressure must have been when he saw you in a cockpit ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions