DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is still very interesting reading to me, and has helped me see more about things in the field,and has also help with what maybe in store for someone when they do find a cache. It may very well be a curse to a person that does a recovery.Later on,you may end up wishing you had just left that crap right where you found it. Have you read about what TM2's family and others had gone tru when a recovery is made. I have a big interest in that part of treasure hunting also. Like, how does one protect himself from people that maybe coming to call on you? How do you go about converting it from a "historical"artifact to present day cash. Theres no question in my mind that you might be opening a Pandoras box. So it all has been a great read to me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tresminder2 when your posts are deleted it is because they violated TreasureNet rules, not because of any supposedly info they contain. You have issue with moderation address it via pm, not in the forum.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love treasures post. I hope to meet him someday. But fear I will never leave this area again. I am too old and tired to travel like that again. I have a idea, maybe you can take all the deleted post from tnet and make a e book for sale. That would be some read man o man.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tm2, i was lucky enough to have read your post before it was deleted. There no question in my mind that people have stole you and your dads info. from the movie company to treasure hunters. I dont know why the Mods. delete post like that. It really helps the new guys starting out. It lets them know that there are some real bad guys in this business. I admit when i first started treasure hunting, i didn't realize there was all this deceit stuff going on. I thought it would be straight up, boy was i wrong. So your are really doing us naive newbies a great service by putting that info. out. It is part of treasure hunting, i think you are doing us a great service buy letting us new guys know that there are bad people in this business. They fear you Tm2, they fear your knowledge. They probably get a nervous stomach and crap them self when you post.I have also seen your post about you being the first one to tell them that the oak island vault is Templar's, they abandoned their ship and jumped on yours, except they forgot to tell everyone that you where the captain of that ship . The bad guy fear you, and are jealous of you TM2. Thanks for the treasure info.,and for letting us new guys know about the dirt bags out there, so we can protect our self`.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Rog, I posted

It's simple rog, the deposits principally were holding depositories for transhipments to Rome of the illegal mines being worked in NW Mexico. They were on the most convenient route to the irregular shipping at the mouth of the river.,

You posted a sarcastic answer, which has now beem withdrawn, , why ? If you are as informed as you claim, then you should know that varuious entities used the depositories at the Caballo. mt. and the Rio del Norte.

Incidentally can you explain how the Illegal mines managed to send their dore' bars to Rome?? and they did

3NPO map.JPG

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here ya go, all you New Mexico argonauts. Maybe you can find some clues here to fit your theories. I wonder if the "disreputable treasure hunter" is based on a real-life person? Lost Padre Mine film examines mother lode myth

LAS CRUCES – The new feature film Lost Padre Mine, which examines the two-century-old folklore surrounding the mother lode of gold hidden in the mountains north of El Paso del Norte, will debut at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 22, at the Rio Grande Theatre, 211 N. Main Street.

The mythology of hidden gold has inflamed the imaginations of treasure hunters and truth seekers in the El Paso area and now Southwest Entertainment adds its version of the legend to the mix. Filmed in El Paso and La Cruces from June to August 2015 by Las Cruces-based production crew Camera Hogs, Lost Padre Mine is a narrative feature film set in the present day.

The story follows disreputable treasure hunter Wayne Braddock (played by Mark Vasconcellos) as he accepts an invitation from a member of the local clergy to search for the mysterious Padre LaRue Spanish goldmine. Along the way he encounters cartel kingpins, governmental cover-ups and opposition from the Catholic Church in his quest to discover whether the Lost Padre Mine is a myth or a dangerous reality.

To celebrate the premiere on Sept. 22, Project Mainstreet will arrange a reception on Main Street before the screening, beginning at 6 p.m., complete with free hot dogs for the first 200 ticket holders. A question-and-answer session will follow the screening of the film. Attendees are invited to join cast and crew at an after-party next door at the Main Street Bistro & Ale House.

Tickets are $6.50. Advance tickets are on sale at www.HoldMyTicket.com or at the Doña Ana Arts Council offices upstairs in the Rio Grande Theatre, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Information: 575-523-6403 or visit www.RioGrandeTheatre.com.

To find out more about Lost Padre Mine, visit www.LostPadreMine.com.

636072331467965748-Lost-Padre-Mine.jpg

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Rog, iT originally was post no 2879 whIch I answered to in the post 2880, now 28
79 , there is no resaon for my post except to answer your ' GEEZ--do the skank Jesuits know' etc.

Just curious, not picking on you.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
El Chato : " Enter the Canyon and Look for the Spring with the Tules , The spring is not very far into the canyon ,
You camp there , Look for the Signs , Stones that do not belong there , these will be on your right , Little Water flows
in the Cajon and Much Gold can be taken out of this "

It's time here to remind folks of some proven facts. Facts are nasty problems when it comes to treasure legends, but what do you prefer to believe - the treasure magazines or your own lyin' eyes?

There are many versions of the famous El Chato gallows confession directing searchers to the Caballo Mountains where he allegedly hid his bandit loot. I don't know when and by whom this waybill was first cooked up, but all of them are fraudulent copies of each other.

The authentic man, Pedro Navarez ("El Chato"), was was a noted and well-documented bandit active in Chihuahua, Mexico, in the early 1800's, not in the 1600's. Much folklore surrounds his memory as a Robin Hood-type character who cached robbery proceeds all over the Satevo-Parral-Delicias country south of Chihuahua city. Reports of his death are highly romanticized in Mexico, but the waybills to his treasures were apparently disclosed by his daughter in the 1840s and consisted mainly of coins buried in clay pots on several ranches. There is little reason to believe he was ever in New Mexico, where the pickings for roadside bandits were very slim along the Rio Grande, especially compared to the riches available in Chihuahua at the time. Somebody stole El Chato's life story and tried to apply it to New Mexico, where nobody knew the truth. Here, read about him for yourself:
La leyenda siempre viva del Chato Nevárez

El Real de Chihuahua

Suspenso y Terror de Chihuahua There's plenty more you can find on your own - if you care about the truth, that is.

By the way, speaking of facts, the 1650 El Chato waybill directs one to the "Caballo Mountains", north of El Paso on the Rio Grande. But did you know that those mountains were named by Zebulon Pike during the winter of 1806-07? Before that, on an 1804 map, the range was called "Las Peneulas". Before that, in 1771, they were known as "Sierra el Perillo." If someone's going to dream up a good treasure story, it's a good idea for him to check the facts before he starst.

So, Roger, do yourself a favor and lose your El Chato embellishments and stick to Padre LaRue. Oh, by the way, the alleged French priest LaRue is totally absent from the Franciscan records of their operations on the Mexican northern frontier. It's as if such a person never existed. Except in the treasure magazines, that is?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the research that sdcfia has done. Having walked some of the areas Treasure has mentioned I can say there some reason to believe what Roger says. I wish I could get Dog to take a walk with me, I know he is close. I also imply all who wish to doubt or argue, there is plenty of reading about the area that would suggest a cover up of the La Rue cave. I am still blown away by the carvings of rocks I see, but am not going to start digging just yet. I have found things here that dont belong. A trail of crosses, hidden caves behind large stones, hollowed out mountains. Then of course the tale of a local geologist who helped me out also. But I am watching guys, I enjoy the info. Hate to see disagreements.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger, you posted ------and please , if a statement of mine is in conflict of anything you think
or believe , I haven't time to haggle with you .
That's the old forum and ways

I ain't got the time

Isn't thar rather arrogant rog, your way or none ?

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roger, you posted ------and please , if a statement of mine is in conflict of anything you think
or believe , I haven't time to haggle with you .
That's the old forum and ways

I ain't got the time

Isn't thar rather arrogant rog, your way or none ?

I think he just means that his time on this earth is short, so he is not going to spend his time in arguing.
He wants to give us as many "facts" as he can as he sees them.
he is going to post his opinion on these topics and we can sort it out and each can believe as we want since we (hopefully) have more time.
I dont think he is being arrogant at this piont, just pragmatic.
wr

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the research that sdcfia has done. Having walked some of the areas Treasure has mentioned I can say there some reason to believe what Roger says. I wish I could get Dog to take a walk with me, I know he is close. I also imply all who wish to doubt or argue, there is plenty of reading about the area that would suggest a cover up of the La Rue cave. I am still blown away by the carvings of rocks I see, but am not going to start digging just yet. I have found things here that dont belong. A trail of crosses, hidden caves behind large stones, hollowed out mountains. Then of course the tale of a local geologist who helped me out also. But I am watching guys, I enjoy the info. Hate to see disagreements.

Casca, i would go hunting with you. Id have to do away with my full time job first,to get the free time. By time i get done with work,then the work at home. It doesn't leave me much free time,but iam working on changing that,hopefully. Then we will go hunting the organs,we will make that place look like a block of swiss cheese,lol.:laughing7:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Casca, i would go hunting with you. Id have to do away with my full time job first,to get the free time. By time i get done with work,then the work at home. It doesn't leave me much free time,but iam working on changing that,hopefully. Then we will go hunting the organs,we will make that place look like a block of swiss cheese,lol.:laughing7:

DTH:
can I go too?
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
El Chato Spoke of a Dry wash

" walk 150 vara's toward the Greater Mountain , ( South Wall of Soledad is a Huge Peak = Greater Mountain )
I believe this is where the Spring comes from ( yes , the Spring with the Tules is fed from that Peak )
you will find a plot of Ground , kinda level , with a few stacked stones , and a Tascoti Trunk laid across
the walls of the arroyo .
Dig here and remove Atajos of Finished Silver ( Bars )

~~~~~~~~~~ end quote ~~~~~~~~~~

would you like to see that Tascoti trunk laying over the wash , bark burn from a rope that lower
the Atajos ?

It is still there as of 2006

decade ago

want to see the exact site ?

El Chato was REAL ,

Two Passes as shown

one with more Trees that the other ( Paso De Endura , Endura for Hard Wood = Oaks or Robles in espania )

Check the Amount of Trees in the Pass I posted

The sript of El Chato , first two Pages , decribes monuments and lay of Land of Soledad Canyon

On La Rue
There's not a Doubt
descendants of his Party still LIve in Messia NM across the Rio Grande
Friends of my Dad's family in fact

Yes, i would love to see the exact site.
wr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread