DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
whiskeyrat, autofull here. i cannot find the pics that i know i have with the sheave block and surrounding area. im going to pine grove pa. to one of my companions home and we are gonna dig through his pics. im sure they must be in his stash. he always said he never throws anything away and he has the pics in a large box in his kitchen, soo, here we go. i shall let ya know soon. kevin in pa.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
Dear Friends,
I am sorry to have to tell you that Not Peralta has gone on his last treasure hunt.
He served his country in Viet Nam.
He studied the Beale Legend.
He lived for a time in the shadow of the Superstition Mountains.
He hiked the mountain trails of Jonathan Swift.
We met while he was working in the Caballo Mountain area of New Mexico.
He spent the last years of his life with me, following the clues on Spirit Mountain.
If there was a treasure story, he knew it!
He enjoyed his interaction with you all and was proud of the success of his threads.
He told me that I was his treasure.
I'm going to miss him.
Sincerely, Mrs Not Peratla :cat:

It was a pleasure to get to interact with him a bit, if even briefly.

Sounds like a good life, worthy of envy and emulation.

I bet he's inspired and encouraged many, many folks over the years.

Thanks.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whiskeyrat, autofull here. i cannot find the pics that i know i have with the sheave block and surrounding area. im going to pine grove pa. to one of my companions home and we are gonna dig through his pics. im sure they must be in his stash. he always said he never throws anything away and he has the pics in a large box in his kitchen, soo, here we go. i shall let ya know soon. kevin in pa.

I'm sure we would all love to see what you come up with!

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

HI Autofull,
Did you find anything yet?
thanks for your efforts.
I appreciate any leads and will reward anyone accordingly.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was in the Organ mountains and went to the "Larue map rock" that Roger Snow had talked about.
It is right where Roger said it would be.
It does have steps leading under the rock into a small opening like room.
There has been some excavation under the north side of the rock.
The "odd looking W" is still there like Roger said, although someone has attempted to obsure it with spray paint.

CABALLOS 10-11-17 038.jpg CABALLOS 10-11-17 024.jpg

captnron

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures WR. Don't think there's many places around there that someone hasn't already explored/trashed

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pictures WR. Don't think there's many places around there that someone hasn't already explored/trashed

yes i agree. well there are several other sites much more remote that RS has posted that I am now going for. some of them require a lot more climbing and challenge than most people will do, so Im hoping these more remote sites will yield more. time will tell.
this rock could have been accessed by almost anyone. kinda a tourist (hiking club) type area.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
yes i agree. well there are several other sites much more remote that RS has posted that I am now going for. some of them require a lot more climbing and challenge than most people will do, so Im hoping these more remote sites will yield more. time will tell.
this rock could have been accessed by almost anyone. kinda a tourist (hiking club) type area.

Sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enlarged the photo of the so called W,and Its my thinking that the letters are Two connenting Letter L"s, and engraved doubly to also show a Tunnel with Exit/Entrance. Could the L be for Larue/Padre,?Possible tunnels could be close in.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This map is a version of my vision of what ' larue' might have crafted underground after looking at and takeing apart the so called W... I also believe the tunnels/room are laid out outside any caves, and may also be caved in.

Attachments

• DSC02236.JPG
    DSC02236.JPG
    643.7 KB · Views: 172

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continued, I was interuppted during my posting, My thinking is the shallow caves that WR posted were used to excavate rocks to shore up the tunnels walls, most likely the celling were shored up by wood beams,. with the use of some sort of bonding agent like adobe...Earthquakes and rain could have weakened the tunnels to colabse
in some areas. Also the cap rocks might be identicle to each other in shape,cut and color.end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread