DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
While there may be wire on this ladder now, we have no way of knowing if it was originally made with wire, or reinforced with wire after it was found. We need to acquire samples from it and have them dated. I have experts in dendrochrnology who can do this for us, but I need a sample that shows the growth rings. Like a crosscut of one of the pieces of wood.

And sorry, but that is just the end of one of the vertical poles, its not a snake head.

UM:
yes i can get a sample if you think it worthwhile.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
UM:
yes i can get a sample if you think it worthwhile.
wr

UM,
As we have communicated in PM, if you want FS or BLM to date this ladder, they will need capable vehicles to transport quads to Ghost tank, then from there they will need capable quads with very capable riders (important) to get to the site. I am willing to guide them if they want.
wr

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If, this Cave/ Ladder, is so difficult to get too, how did Doc Noss and his partner, wearing cowboy boots, maybe Wellingtons and soft shoe Loafers, as shown in previous photos in this thread, navigate the trek in what the 1940"s era.
?

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If, this Cave/ Ladder, is so difficult to get too, how did Doc Noss and his partner, wearing cowboy boots, maybe Wellingtons and soft shoe Loafers, as shown in previous photos in this thread, navigate the trek in what the 1940"s era.
?

Much better roads, paths and most likely horses and mules. Many of the roads that were well maintained in the 30s and 40s are now barely passable with a atv.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
?

Well, people were tougher back then.
Also, horses?
And, TREASURE...

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Heres another coincidence for your line due east of Oasis:
I have the locations of 3 of Doc Noss's campsites from a reliable source who was involved with Letha back in the day.
All 3 campsites are within 300 feet of that line.
wr

Hi WR. This is your post 3256 from June 12th of this year. I was wondering if you've learned anything new about this line or the other organization mapping.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi WR. This is your post 3256 from June 12th of this year. I was wondering if you've learned anything new about this line or the other organization mapping.

Investigated the caballo cemetary which is in Oasis and on that line.
There is a confederate grave in the cemetary.
There is also a very old, fancy and fenced in grave that is interesting. It looks like its headstone has been recently removed and replaced with a "modern" headstone. I would have liked to see the original headstone.
Other than that, have not followed much of the line, been investigating another site.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stars.jpg

By some time now , NP is looking to us from the sky , smiling with our successes or with our lack to understand the meanings of some clues . He left a great legacy concerns clues and treasure tales of what we were interested in .
He gave us the torch and encuraged us to step in the dark .
I always know where to look to see him in the clear night sky . Is there , holding his bow being ready for the goat hunting game .

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, to the moderator of this site i say. Many many many times i log in and write a message to this thread. Well, it seems if it takes more than a few minutes to type the thread (as just happened again) when I post the reply, i get a message that says "you must refresh the page and log in", when I do that, of course the message I spent a lot of time typing is gone. VERY FRUSTRATING AND A WASTE OF VALUABLE TIME. PLEASE FIX.
thanks
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, to the moderator of this site i say. Many many many times i log in and write a message to this thread. Well, it seems if it takes more than a few minutes to type the thread (as just happened again) when I post the reply, i get a message that says "you must refresh the page and log in", when I do that, of course the message I spent a lot of time typing is gone. VERY FRUSTRATING AND A WASTE OF VALUABLE TIME. PLEASE FIX.
thanks
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
not even sure why that posted twice. but is has been very frustrating. does anyone else have this issue or am I just a slow message typer?

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok I will try again.
What I am trying to post is that 2017 has seen many targets investigated with some positive and some bust results.
My upcoming book "100 places where its not" has added several chapters.
I will chop this up into short posts, so I dont get logged off again in mid post.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One site being investigate was from clues given by NP.
I was working on it with an individual that I thought could be trusted (even tho being warning by others). Was looking for a wooden box that contained some of Docs finds and maps.
When i was not there (back in Michigan), my "partner sent me a message that he had found the box.
It was where it was described to be was what he said.
It was still buried, but EMPTY.
Well, now if someone had previously found this box, why would they remove the contents and then rebury the box????

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1577680

By some time now , NP is looking to us from the sky , smiling with our successes or with our lack to understand the meanings of some clues . He left a great legacy concerns clues and treasure tales of what we were interested in .
He gave us the torch and encuraged us to step in the dark .
I always know where to look to see him in the clear night sky . Is there , holding his bow being ready for the goat hunting game .
=====================
Yes Marius, hard to believe NP no-longer with us. But, he now has an endless supply of sock coffee and Burro juice. His participation and knowledge is missed. Yet his thread continues to "Live". R.I.P. N.P. :notworthy:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, short posts seem to work.

So on with the story.
He dug up the empty box, right where it was described to be (according to NP).
Nothing in it.
So, he took the ancient box to an antique dealer in Demming. The dealer called a person known to be interested in this era of box.
The person came in, paid $2500 for the box on the spot.
Then the person, began banging on the box and proceeded to knock 3/4 ounce of gold out of the cracks in the box.

Not kidding here, that is the story I got from my EX partner. I did not receive the 50/50 split (of the 2500) we had agreed to anything found, and im not sure about the contents of the box not being there either.

So believe it not? Throw it in the woods?
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If anyone knows the antique dealers in Demming, it would be interesting to know if any WWI wooden army box was turned in and bought by a local interested person in Oct of 2017.
IF so, then my EX partners story would at least appear to be true.
He told me "you can quit looking for that box, I found it, and it was empty"
hmmmmm
wr

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes whiskeyrat, that is an interesting set of circumstances. Could be this individual you were working with is not as bad as others painted him to be. On the other hand, this was a prime opportunity for this individual to concoct this story in the absence of any witnesses. I agree, " why would they remove the contents and then rebury the box
huh.gif
?
Sounds like you did have accurate clues if the box as found where it was suppose to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread