What's new

Does anybody know what this artifact would have been used for

Ckgene

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2018
Messages
71
Reaction score
69
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15248722206382088367725.webp
I found this alongside some arrowheads and some axes I'm just not sure what they would do something like this for on one side it has a sharp edge just curious if anybody might have an idea what they would use this
for
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You still need better pictures, you cant blow picture up and get any detail. Post better pictures, pictures showing ever side too. Nothing in picture posted says artifact.
 
Is it Stone or a piece of Antler? I'm not seeing an artifact though.
 
Best I can do with it. Unfortunately, most cell phones
take poor pics.

15248722206382088367725-2.webp
 
Just looks like an odd shaped rock to me but not an artifact , can you post pics of the arrowheads I would like to see them
 
I thought it was rusty metal. [emoji58]
 
I not sure what kind of stone it is. IMG_20180427_171944988.webp
 
what people are wanting...is a pic from every side, up close, with a size reference like a penny/quarter...etc. measurements...sorry, but we can't tell anything from the pics you have now..I wish you well:thumbsup:
ok we have the lighter for reference, but need better CLOSEUP pics...
 
IMG_20180418_183720503_BURST000_COVER_TOP.webp
IMG_20180501_001604183.webp
IMG_20180501_001411245.webp
IMG_20180501_001535653.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180418_183720503_BURST000_COVER_TOP.webp
    IMG_20180418_183720503_BURST000_COVER_TOP.webp
    554.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Arrowheads look good but the others are natural rocks. A lot of new hunters make the same mistake they find a point and then think all of the stones close by are artifacts to. Id like to see them points outside but not the rocks.
 
if you cant see a use for it yourself, it is often just an odd shaped rock.
 
The 2 points are good, the rest are just rocks.
 
Hi. I don't know what it was used for or if it was used at all. I'm new to this myself. this site seems to have a lot of really knowledgeable people but with this many members, your going to come across a lot of posers . They seem to be all knowing but don't have a clue. Just saying don't throw anything out until your comfortable with the conclusions to your questions.
 
Nothing about it says artifact to me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom