What's new

Does anyone out there know what this thing is ?!

Firedancintracy

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help and tell me what this thing is!! No one has been able to identify it!
This is the strangest little thing I have ever seen. My friend gave me this years ago, he dug it up on his family's settlement approximately around 40 years ago. It is about 2 1/2" long and it appears to have been "tatooed" as the ink designs are not lying on the surface. It is solid on one end and one tiny deliberate hole on the other. As you can see it also has designs carved into it. Any help in enlightining me on what this is, and what it was used for would be greatly appreciated!!:hello2: IMG_6032.webpIMG_6033.webpIMG_6034.webpIMG_6035.webpIMG_6036.webpIMG_6037.webpIMG_6038.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very likely some type scent pendant.Would be my guess.Sorta like this one.il_570xN.633434608_o1o6.webp
 
That's interesting, I will look into that. Thanks
 
I don't think it's bone, it feels like maybe coral or something like that. It does have more of an organic feel to it, kind of like an orange peel feel.
 
My first thought was an old cord pull, might have had a metal finial attached to one end to receive the cord..
 
Looks like a incense burner to me or something that lets scents out.
 
Bisque, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for your input, it gives me a few directions to look in.
 
Antique deodorant
 
Long shot here,,,,but can you blow in the hole? Will it whistle? Just a thought
Yeah I thought an Ocarina or something like that, but I can't seem to make it make any sort of musical sound at all. It just sounds like what blowing on a capped object would sound like, if that makes any sense. Then again I can't play the guitar or drums either and they are still instruments Lol! Thanks for the input!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom