What's new

Does Bullet Casings Have Any Value?

Vldetecting

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
416
Reaction score
899
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, Iv'e dug many bullet casings while metal detecting most of them are post 1950's and I know that they are just worth the scrap value. But Iv'e also dug many bullet casings from early 1900's to 1950's and I wonder if they have some monitary value. Iv'e dug many readable dates casings from 1906, 1908, 1911 e.t.c. And maybe they are worth a penny or two. So if you know anything about the values around bullet casings please let me know :)
 
depends if the casing was say dug at a civil war site, or some significant battle are... some of the old copper henry cases are unique, but other than that just as you said scrap brass...
 
Not much value in the US.

Possibly different in other countries.

As Sheldon mentioned perhaps a very, very rare cartridge if it was identifiable. People collect cartridges and if that was the only way they might get an example it may be worth a small amount to them. Something like a .58 Schubarth (very rare) or a T.W. Cofer (12 known) might be worth much more.
 
Last edited:
I haven't come across any that are super rare. Non-dug cases that aren't reloadable be it crushed, split or bulged - I take those ones to the scrap yard for brass content once I get a bucket full.
 
Yes to the shooter if they hit their target.
 
It depends, I know WW2 casings can be valuable (Not insanely valuable, but maybe worth a few dollars unless they are found on battlefields then they are worth more) and so can older ones, what i would do is look up the head stamps and you will get a lot of information about them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom