What's new

Does Coca-Cola taste different lately?

ISmellGold

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2024
Messages
373
Reaction score
446
Golden Thread
0
It seems they changed the recipe again. Not sure when? The label doesn't say Coca Cola Classic anymore, but "Original " Taste. "Original Taste" what does that mean? To me it just seems to be missing something. I seem to remember a little more of a caramel taste to it? I know they use to filter through Coca leaves. Did they finnaly take that out of the recipe???
Just tastes different to me.
Original Taste didn't use Corn Syrup. They changed that too years ago. Just doesn't taste like Coke anymore.
Someone always trying to put something over on somebody.
I think I am going to Dr. Pepper for awhile.
:tongue7::icon_salut:
I actually heard a few other people mentioning it the last year or so. I kind of poo pooed them, but after drinking it, I think they are right.
That ain't the same Classic Coca-Cola.

Looks like they finally did it.
 
Last edited:
I have been drinking Coca Cola for 40 years I have not noticed a different taste but sometimes not enough carbonation I like it when you get the good burn going down lol.
 
I have been drinking Coca Cola for 40 years I have not noticed a different taste but sometimes not enough carbonation I like it when you get the good burn going down lol.
No, something just seems off. I think I just poo pooed it on a thread from about a year ago, because I didn't think Coke would do something that stupid again. but I think they are doing something different.
They probably cant filter it through Cocoa Leaves anymore?? Too pricey?? Trying to save money??? Whatever they did the Taste Dynamics are different.
 

I think I am going to try to get hold of some Mexican Pepsi.:toothy4:
Coca -Cola might be ripe for a run as king of Colas

I will have to do a new ranking
 
I my younger years I drank loads of RC Cola....it sure didn't do my teeth
any good.. :laughing7:

Been off carbonated stuff for 25 years now....don't really miss it one bit.
 
It could be off a little lol. I think a lot of stuff is different from sodas to smokes lol i do sneek a smoke now and then and noticed the diameter of a sig is a lot smaller.
 
It could be off a little lol. I think a lot of stuff is different from sodas to smokes lol i do sneek a smoke now and then and noticed the diameter of a sig is a lot smaller.
It's kind of funny because somebody mentioned it on a different site and I was like, nah. But I honestly think its different now. Coke was my go-to Cola for years, maybe the old taste buds are looking for something different? Maybe a cherry cola or Vanilla cola for awhile.🤣

Actually looks like people out there are trying to crack the recipe?

Interesting
 
I occasionally Buy Coke at Buger King but you Know that's
made there from Syrup and water :( But it's just to Wash Down My Fries which is All I Buy at BK anyway. I'm pretty Sure the Health Nazis have Got their Filthy little Fingers in how Burger Buns are Made also, I Can't Stomach Bread Products any More.they Turn to Dough as I Chew , Till I Spit it out .:(
Any Who , I Havent had a Decent Coca-Cola since the Health Nazis Banned Returnable Bottles .

I'd Love a Very cold Glass Bottle of Coca-Cola That would Burn all the way Down My Throat :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
I occasionally Buy Coke at Buger King but you Know that's
made there from Syrup :( But it's just to Wash Down My Fries which is All I Buy at BK anyway. I'm pretty Sure the Health Nazis have Got their Filthy Fingers in how Burger Buns are Made.:(
Any Who , I Havent had a Decent Coke A Cola since the Health Nazis Banned Returnable Bottles .

I'd Love a Very cold Glass Bottle of Coke A Cola That would Burn all the way Down My Throat :thumbsup:
Yeah a lot of those fast food joints have burgers that are inedible nowadays.
If You like The Burn
Add Pop Rocks🤣

download.webp
 
I stop drinking colas 15-20 years ago, too much sugar in them, a regular 12 Oz coke has 10-12 teaspoons of sugar per can, that is more than the average daily recommendation in one can.

Examples of Sugar Content in 12 oz Cans:
 
I stop drinking colas 15-20 years ago, too much sugar in them, a regular 12 Oz coke has 10-12 teaspoons of sugar per can, that is more than the average daily recommendation in one can.

Examples of Sugar Content in 12 oz Cans:
I also stopped drinking them on the regular about a year ago or so...
But every now and then i will have a small Coke or Dr pepper... WHEN at somewhere that has the old school fountains and the mix is correct.
Man... its still good. :)
 
I also stopped drinking them on the regular about a year ago or so...
But every now and then i will have a small Coke or Dr pepper... WHEN at somewhere that has the old school fountains and the mix is correct.
Man... its still good. :)
Don't miss colas, but I miss good rootbeer...😭
 
I'd like a Good Rootbeer Float, that actually reminds me of those days ,
But That won't Happen :(

I Do occasionally Make Myself a Gingerale Float :tongue3:
 
Coke made in Mexico is made with sugar instead of corn syrup. old school coke sold in the glass bottles. find a Latino market to get some.
There are several products like that, where the overseas version is made with better/different ingredients. Lots of the “safe” additives in the US are banned in other countries.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom