What's new

Does Coca-Cola taste different lately?

I'd like a Good Rootbeer Float, that actually reminds me of those days ,
But That won't Happen :(

I Do occasionally Make Myself a Gingerale Float :tongue3:
I haven't had a Root beer float in years.
Interesting subject. I have seen specialty soda stores on TV, would love to get in there and try a few different Pops out.
Maybe I will come out with a Pops Rock Cola, and make the syrup in Columbia
😁
 
I'm old enough to remember when they had soda fountains in drug stores, cherry cokes were good long before coke officailly sold it in cans or bottles.

Anybody remember Cherrywine?

1000028690.webp
 
I'm old enough to remember when they had soda fountains in drug stores, cherry cokes were good long before coke officailly sold it in cans or bottles.

Anybody remember Cherrywine?

View attachment 2241151


😁
This 7up product looks pretty good, 7Up Shirley Temple, you would think it would be around all year round, Grenadine and 7up, Classic Shirley Temple
 
Last edited:
It seems they changed the recipe again. Not sure when? The label doesn't say Coca Cola Classic anymore, but "Original " Taste. "Original Taste" what does that mean? To me it just seems to be missing something. I seem to remember a little more of a caramel taste to it? I know they use to filter through Coca leaves. Did they finnaly take that out of the recipe???
Just tastes different to me.
Original Taste didn't use Corn Syrup. They changed that too years ago. Just doesn't taste like Coke anymore.
Someone always trying to put something over on somebody.
I think I am going to Dr. Pepper for awhile.
:tongue7::icon_salut:
I actually heard a few other people mentioning it the last year or so. I kind of poo pooed them, but after drinking it, I think they are right.
That ain't the same Classic Coca-Cola.

Looks like they finally did it.

RC Cola is better anyway. I stopped drinking Coke when they started having mandatory training for their employees as to how to deal with their white privilege.
 
I'm old enough to remember when they had soda fountains in drug stores, cherry cokes were good long before coke officailly sold it in cans or bottles.

Anybody remember Cherrywine?

View attachment 2241151
That looks good! I’d try any one of those today if they were properly stored.
 

This is from oct. 2025....apparently the president talked with coke CEOs, and convinced them to switch back to cane sugar from corn syrup.
 
Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember when they had soda fountains in drug stores, cherry cokes were good long before coke officailly sold it in cans or bottles.

Anybody remember Cherrywine?

View attachment 2241151

I remembr 4 Maybe 5 Soda Fountains Near Me in the 70's yet
Not exact match but similar
1768614435035.webp

Soda , Ice Cream, Burgers always available. Very Thick Milk Shakes you had to Realy Try Hard to suck it up through the Straws :laughing9:

one in the 5&10 in Tremont

2 in Pottsville , one in H.L.Greens
the other in a Corner Magazine Shop I Used to buy My Magazines at.

One in Kings. in Minersville

and I Suppose Brownies in Tower City Could have been Considered a soda Fountain. Delicious Greasy Burgers on a Grill that never got Cleaned :tongue3: was there Main Draw , But they had the other Goodies
 
Last edited:
It seems they changed the recipe again. Not sure when? The label doesn't say Coca Cola Classic anymore, but "Original " Taste. "Original Taste" what does that mean? To me it just seems to be missing something. I seem to remember a little more of a caramel taste to it? I know they use to filter through Coca leaves. Did they finnaly take that out of the recipe???
Just tastes different to me.
Original Taste didn't use Corn Syrup. They changed that too years ago. Just doesn't taste like Coke anymore.
Someone always trying to put something over on somebody.
I think I am going to Dr. Pepper for awhile.
:tongue7::icon_salut:
I actually heard a few other people mentioning it the last year or so. I kind of poo pooed them, but after drinking it, I think they are right.
That ain't the same Classic Coca-Cola.

Looks like they finally did it.
 
There is another current thread saying the same thing about root beer - that it has been “changed” by someone for some nefarious reason and is inferior to that of the good old days of the past. I have noticed something even more sinister. Someone seems to have snuck into my shop and tampered with my tools for some unknown reason. My anvil , which weighed 300 pounds 30 years ago and which I used to move by picking it up in my arms now seems to have been altered to weigh about a ton, and the 16 pound hammer that I used to swing for hours at a time driving wedges 40 years ago has been changed into something so hard to pick up that I estimate it’s weight to be about 150 pounds. Has anyone else noticed this with their own tools?
 
There is another current thread saying the same thing about root beer - that it has been “changed” by someone for some nefarious reason and is inferior to that of the good old days of the past. I have noticed something even more sinister. Someone seems to have snuck into my shop and tampered with my tools for some unknown reason. My anvil , which weighed 300 pounds 30 years ago and which I used to move by picking it up in my arms now seems to have been altered to weigh about a ton, and the 16 pound hammer that I used to swing for hours at a time driving wedges 40 years ago has been changed into something so hard to pick up that I estimate it’s weight to be about 150 pounds. Has anyone else noticed this with their own tools?
Yeah, saw that and commented on that thread. Apparently Root beer was changed though. I guess at some point in the sixties they outlawed one of the ingredients, saying it was Cancer Causing.
Not only that most likely pretty much all American Soft Drink recipes have been changed wholesale when they went from Sugar to High Fructose Corn Syrup, so definitely be my guess that most recipes were modified with that alone.

As far as Coca-Cola goes pretty well known that Coke use to filter its soft drink through Coacoa leaves. They still claim they do, but it would be my guess they recently changed and went away from that because the practice still left trace amounts of Cocaine.

So, yeah I think the recipe has been changed
Give me my Cocaine Cola, Gots to have my Cocaine Coca-Cola
🤣
I dont's wants no Lola Cola
 
I remembr 4 Maybe 5 Soda Fountains Near Me in the 70's yet
Not exact match but similar
View attachment 2241169
Soda , Ice Cream, Burgers always available. Very Thick Milk Shakes you had to Realy Try Hard to suck it up through the Straws :laughing9:

one in the 5&10 in Tremont

2 in Pottsville , one in H.L.Greens
the other in a Corner Magazine Shop I Used to buy My Magazines at.

One in Kings. in Minersville

and I Suppose Brownies in Tower City Could have been Considered a soda Fountain. Delicious Greasy Burgers on a Grill that never got Cleaned :tongue3: was there Main Draw , But they had the other Goodies

😁
 
There is another current thread saying the same thing about root beer - that it has been “changed” by someone for some nefarious reason and is inferior to that of the good old days of the past. I have noticed something even more sinister. Someone seems to have snuck into my shop and tampered with my tools for some unknown reason. My anvil , which weighed 300 pounds 30 years ago and which I used to move by picking it up in my arms now seems to have been altered to weigh about a ton, and the 16 pound hammer that I used to swing for hours at a time driving wedges 40 years ago has been changed into something so hard to pick up that I estimate it’s weight to be about 150 pounds. Has anyone else noticed this with their own tools?
Yes...me too !!
 
Who knows maybe it has something to do with the Aeration/Carbonation being put into these soft drinks? Sometimes it seems Fountain Well drinks have a better taste than bottled drinks? Just seems the old stuff use to jump a quarter inch off the surface at times???
You just wait till
Pop's Rock Cola hits the market
👌😁

I have another Drink in the works called
TORGO
 
Last edited:
There is another current thread saying the same thing about root beer - that it has been “changed” by someone for some nefarious reason and is inferior to that of the good old days of the past. I have noticed something even more sinister. Someone seems to have snuck into my shop and tampered with my tools for some unknown reason. My anvil , which weighed 300 pounds 30 years ago and which I used to move by picking it up in my arms now seems to have been altered to weigh about a ton, and the 16 pound hammer that I used to swing for hours at a time driving wedges 40 years ago has been changed into something so hard to pick up that I estimate it’s weight to be about 150 pounds. Has anyone else noticed this with their own tools?
i hear you loud and clear.... one day my mother, in her eighties at the time, came in from working in the yard and rubbed her back saying..." I can't put in a full eight hours doing yard work anymore... I can only do six"....
 
Who knows maybe it has something to do with the Aeration/Carbonation being put into these soft drinks? Sometimes it seems Fountain Well drinks have a better taste than bottled drinks? Just seems the old stuff use to jump a quarter inch off the surface at times???
You just wait till
Pop's Rock Cola hits the market
👌😁

I have another Drink in the works called
TORGO

that can be true, fountain drinks need to be adjusted "correctly" syrup to water... it doesn't take much to hike up the syrup just a bit, common adjustment.
 
that can be true, fountain drinks need to be adjusted "correctly" syrup to water... it doesn't take much to hike up the syrup just a bit, common adjustment.
I hate to say it, but the best fountain drinks I have found are at Mcdonald's. They apparently keep their machines clean and cold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom