Doing something wrong

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize if you notch out pull tab your also notching out a lot of gold. If you want to find gold your going to have to dig pull tabs, it is the nature of the beast..

OP
OP
S

Sundiver

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize if you notch out pull tab your also notching out a lot of gold. If you want to find gold your going to have to dig pull tabs, it is the nature of the beast..

I do realize that. My point is that I'm not sure the detector is working properly, either that or I'm setting something wrong since as far as ground objects go, I can not notch out anything on any level. Re read my post.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owning a Bounty Hunter and a Fisher which are now same company's. I would suggest you try different dirt types and see what happens. Air test are just showing the machine works. The targets in the ground are going to be different. Run at least a set of battery's to see if you are doing something wrong. It may help to run as low a sensitivity you can for a while.

OP
OP
S

Sundiver

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owning a Bounty Hunter and a Fisher which are now same company's. I would suggest you try different dirt types and see what happens. Air test are just showing the machine works. The targets in the ground are going to be different. Run at least a set of battery's to see if you are doing something wrong. It may help to run as low a sensitivity you can for a while.

Right, I've actually own seven different detectors just never had one of these. Picked it up for a friend and just wasn't sure what the problem was. I can disc a tab in the air fine with it. A pull tab laying half buried in the ground won't notch on any sensitivity or disc setting, goes off like it was quarter. I even dug under it to make sure there wasn't actually something beneath it.

I guess I'll play with it for awhile and make sure it wasn't a soil problem like you say. I thought maybe it was a known issue with the detector type so thought I'd check here before spending more time on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread