What's new

Dont care what you say, I didnt want silver anyway!

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't care what you say, I didn't want silver anyway!

Today looks like it was my last day out so I have gone the entire year without a single silver coin. Anyone want to buy an Explorer SE? :tongue3:

But we did find a new site and had a fun day. Misc Relics, 1812 halfpenny token, Halifax token, 1710-1713 French Deniers, and two TLV British military buttons.
 

Attachments

  • 91.webp
    91.webp
    31 KB · Views: 217
  • 92.webp
    92.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 80.webp
    80.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 90.webp
    90.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 23
That's what makes the most sense to me too. This is my 4th and 5th, Ironhorse has dug two, and I've never seen one found in the UK.... but it would be very unlikely it is from anywhere else.

OK, I'll do some digging.
 
OK, I'll do some digging.


To be honest I've never really looked into it much so it could be a little digging or a lot of digging,
 

For me, just finding a flat button is a good hunt!
But finding any kind of British Military Button is definitely a good hunt! :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Well it wasn't for a lack of trying IP...you gave it the ole college try for sure...sure looks like a sucessful hunt to me! we may be done with the feel of temps today...
 
IP
Sure looks like a good day to me !
Sell your Explorer....Spandex to tight ?
Gary

I agree with Gary, seems like you have gained a little weight and that superman costume has cut the circulation off to your brain. I think you should call the wanbilance to take you to the hospital, cut them off and stop the crying. Hopefully it will take you to the Gratitude Hospital. LOL

Nice finds, hard for us mortals to understand not being happy with them.
 
Today looks like it was my last day out so I have gone the entire year without a single silver coin. Anyone want to buy an Explorer SE? :tongue3:

Ya know? IP? I must say, I am VERY impressed!! It really takes quite a talent to be able to walk "AROUND" all that silver out there and never once step on one for an ENTIRE year!!! :notworthy:

Most, just HAVE to blunder into one sooner or later!

My hat's off to you, sir.

(and my wish for you to have the kind of success you wish next year)
 
I agree with Gary, seems like you have gained a little weight and that superman costume has cut the circulation off to your brain. I think you should call the wanbilance to take you to the hospital, cut them off and stop the crying. Hopefully it will take you to the Gratitude Hospital. LOL

Nice finds, hard for us mortals to understand not being happy with them.


Goes to show what you know, it's body paint.

And who says I am not happy with the finds? :) I've had MANY days that were not anywhere close to as good as that over the past 14 years, and yes when you get nothing you aren't real happy about that, but I know it's how the game works and that things can turn on a dime. The not finding silver thing I only put in for amusement as I really don't care at all. There's a long list of things I'd rather find than a Spanish real, and that would be the most likely "good silver" I would get my coil over. My real goal each hunt is to get IH and I on a new older site and sometimes my ideas work, and sometimes not, but yesterday it did and we dug what was there. No regrets!
 
Ya know? IP? I must say, I am VERY impressed!! It really takes quite a talent to be able to walk "AROUND" all that silver out there and never once step on one for an ENTIRE year!!! :notworthy:

Most, just HAVE to blunder into one sooner or later!

My hat's off to you, sir.

(and my wish for you to have the kind of success you wish next year)


Yes, damn impressive if I say so myself, but to diminish things a little, and no doubt disappoint my very small following of hunters who can't find a silver coin, I must say I could have quite easily dug one had I made a trip to one of the many old parks in my area.... but that's just something I am not interested in.
 
That's what makes the most sense to me too. This is my 4th and 5th, Ironhorse has dug two, and I've never seen one found in the UK.... but it would be very unlikely it is from anywhere else.

I've got one too!
 
I guess it was a season doing without a silver and one for the books, though the other range of finds make up for it, especially sharing the special moments of a hunting bud digging up the finds and giving them the pat on the back.
 
BTW...any idea what this is?
 

Attachments

  • 91.webp
    91.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 108
Yes, damn impressive if I say so myself, but to diminish things a little, and no doubt disappoint my very small following of hunters who can't find a silver coin, I must say I could have quite easily dug one had I made a trip to one of the many old parks in my area.... but that's just something I am not interested in.

That's what makes that so impressive! When one is searching for something specific, it almost never turns up. BUT, when one's avoiding something, they almost trip over them! LOL

Like me, I don't look for silver coins, specifically. But, I know that the areas I usually frequent have that potential. :dontknow:

It really isn't about the finds, is it? More like about the fulfilling a theory. The research proving out. That's what I love.

Congrats!
 
Last edited:
The military buttons are sweet. Late 1700s?

I haven't dug a large copper this year, so if you mail me a nice copper I'll mail ya a Half Real. :D
 
The military buttons are sweet. Late 1700s?

I haven't dug a large copper this year, so if you mail me a nice copper I'll mail ya a Half Real. :D

I'll take that trade, BB, if you'll trade a beat up half Reale for a toasted old copper, lol!
 
I've got one too!


yeah I was thinking you found one. Was it the site where the guy gave us a ride in the back of his truck? That makes 8 from here, never seen one found in the UK. Strange how it can work.
 
The military buttons are sweet. Late 1700s?

I haven't dug a large copper this year, so if you mail me a nice copper I'll mail ya a Half Real. :D


Probably into the 1800s, but not too far.



If you can give me a clear definition of nice copper and the go ahead to be able to buy it, then maybe.... because not too many of mine this year were real sweet! (maybe not... well one i can recall was ok)
 
Last edited:
Well it wasn't for a lack of trying IP...you gave it the ole college try for sure...sure looks like a sucessful hunt to me! we may be done with the feel of temps today...


Will be a close call for your Sunday. Just barely able to dig now so we'll be frozen overnight, but a little better temps. and touch of rain tomorrow might just barely bring it back enough for you.
 
I've got a new area to hit Sunday with slightly higher grass that would've fell over by now….so as the as the wind is calm, I'll be ok...

Will be a close call for your Sunday. Just barely able to dig now so we'll be frozen overnight, but a little better temps. and touch of rain tomorrow might just barely bring it back enough for you.
 
Well you had the chance and found some neat finds, and it just means that first silver in the spring is gonna mean a little bit more! Any day the ground isn't frozen solid is a good one this time of year.
 
Well you had the chance and found some neat finds, and it just means that first silver in the spring is gonna mean a little bit more! Any day the ground isn't frozen solid is a good one this time of year.

The first or 2nd week of Dec. has been the shut down time for the vast majority of the 14 years we have hunted.... so it's the norm. Sure would be nice to have one last kick at that silver can though! If you guys can hunt Sunday I think we may have a shot on Wed..
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom