Dont get left behind on silvers low $$

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get left behind on silvers low $$

I have been dumping big bucks on silver and gold you can't lose in the long run? No one knows how long it will take for silver and gold to pop back up but it will.I was buying silver in the hi 28 to 33 range and now UNDER $20. Back up the truck. I will keep on stacking while its so low. I would like all you crh and stackers to add what you can to your pile. Am going to order one more monster this week am just trying to grab it close to $19 every penny lower is $5 off the cost of the monster. I got about 15 ben proofs on sunday for $8.60 And 40 40% for $3.15 each And $25.00 face bens and walkers for the same $8.60:occasion14: 8-)

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff Tim! I'd love to stack silver too, my budget is limited though. Hopefully others with larger cash flow like yourself can take advantage of this! Do you only buy american gold and silver? I know you can get gold Krugerrands for a cheap premium.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff Tim! I'd love to stack silver too, my budget is limited though. Hopefully others with larger cash flow like yourself can take advantage of this! Do you only buy american gold and silver? I know you can get gold Krugerrands for a cheap premium.
I like buffs there 24k and gold eagles

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO its going lower Tim.

But I try to buy every week or two any how. Not a lot, but every little bit helps.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have been dumping big bucks on silver and gold you can't lose in the long run? No one knows how long it will take for silver and gold to pop back up but it will.I was buying silver in the hi 28 to 33 range and now UNDER $20. Back up the truck. I will keep on stacking while its so low. I would like all you crh and stackers to add what you can to your pile. Am going to order one more monster this week am just trying to grab it close to $19 every penny lower is $5 off the cost of the monster. I got about 15 ben proofs on sunday for $8.60 And 40 40% for $3.15 each And $25.00 face bens and walkers for the same $8.60:occasion14: 8-)

Can I suggest you buy a monster box of maples?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I was looking at them there a little cheaper to?? And there .9999

Exactly, and personally, I like the design of the maples more. Plus that way you have a monster box of ASEs and Maples. You already have 2 monster boxes of ASEs right? Why get another when you can get something that is different and probably a better deal?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I'm thinking silver has just recently broken previous price floors which indicates a very bearish market, so I'll be holding out until it goes lower. My target is somewhere in the $12-$14 range

George Baldwin

May 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been dumping big bucks on silver and gold you can't lose in the long run?

I guess it depends who you ask Tim. The folks who bought silver in the 80s at $45-50 an ounce will probably never 'win' in the long run. It might take another 30 years for an economic event that will bring silver back up to levels where many people who bought at $35-$40 an ounce these last few years will make their money back.

I read a post on the forum a while back about how this old man came to an LCS and bought all the silver they had in the store when it was $35 an oz. Just from that time, that man lost more than a third of his investment. Given his age, that old man may never make his money back. Sad thought, I would have used that money to travel somewhere nice in Europe.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta buy low to make any profit..Silver isn't really all that great for flipping to be honest, it takes too long..I make a lot more money flipping other things then using that money to buy silver..Silver however is good to keep to hedge inflation. If you're in this for the quick flip than you're in the wrong game!

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If memory serves correctly, gold eagles are 90% gold just like the circulating gold coinage that was stopped being made in the 1930's.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess it depends who you ask Tim. The folks who bought silver in the 80s at $45-50 an ounce will probably never 'win' in the long run. It might take another 30 years for an economic event that will bring silver back up to levels where many people who bought at $35-$40 an ounce these last few years will make their money back.

I read a post on the forum a while back about how this old man came to an LCS and bought all the silver they had in the store when it was $35 an oz. Just from that time, that man lost more than a third of his investment. Given his age, that old man may never make his money back. Sad thought, I would have used that money to travel somewhere nice in Europe.
I don't see it. Economic factor that is. The last run up in '80 had nothing to do with the economy, and so today. All I see now is heavy manipulation.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're a serious stacker, you buy on ups and down. It's called dollar cost averaging. I bought some silver at $35 and if that's all I bought, I'd have lost. However, between my CRH, the recent drop, and cheap silver I've come across at garage sales, flea markets, and the like, my cost paid per ounce is still below what we are at right. So, even though I bought expensive ass silver, I'm still profiting because I averaged out my costs. If you try and predict highs and lows arbitrarily, you'll lose out in the end.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
If you're a serious stacker, you buy on ups and down. It's called dollar cost averaging. I bought some silver at $35 and if that's all I bought, I'd have lost. However, between my CRH, the recent drop, and cheap silver I've come across at garage sales, flea markets, and the like, my cost paid per ounce is still below what we are at right. So, even though I bought expensive ass silver, I'm still profiting because I averaged out my costs. If you try and predict highs and lows arbitrarily, you'll lose out in the end.

Exactly

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
did I read that right TimZim? you got 15 benjamin half dollars for just $8.60? That's only 57 cents apiece? God if that is true wow, nice deal. I just went to a LCS and they wanted 25 bucks for each bullion coin and they suckered me into buying 2 half dollars for 18 bucks. Definitely thinking about buying from Provident or Gainsville. Just need to get enough money saved up for it.

Sincerely, GarouLady

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
did I read that right TimZim? you got 15 benjamin half dollars for just $8.60? That's only 57 cents apiece? God if that is true wow, nice deal. I just went to a LCS and they wanted 25 bucks for each bullion coin and they suckered me into buying 2 half dollars for 18 bucks. Definitely thinking about buying from Provident or Gainsville. Just need to get enough money saved up for it.

Sincerely, GarouLady

I believe he was saying that he Got them for $8.60 apiece

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You don't lose anything till you sell !!! I have 9 years till am 65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread