What's new

Don't let the old man in

Grow up and act your age !!!!.... rusty oldies... :laughing7::hello::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:
Florida condo, beige elasticated pants, learn golf and bridge.... You know you want to .... give in... go on....
Motorbikes ??? :censored::censored:
 
We had an offshore boat for 25 years. It was used a lot. 2 motors replaced, 3 trailers, new transom over the period. We were always in the Keys, camping here on the islands in the Indian River. Then we got up there in age. Bad knees and feet, after a day offshore it took 2-3 days to recover. After my knee surgery and my wife's ankle surgery we decided to sell it. We're both glad we had it while we were younger and could go flat out none stop fishing for days. Good memories.
Screenshot_20260320-045106_Photos.webp
 
Last edited:
Chronologically I'm 73, Physically I feel at times in my 80's, Mentally I am in my 40's and my wife thinks I'm like 12. I am a conflicted man.
 
Chronologically I'm 73, Physically I feel at times in my 80's, Mentally I am in my 40's and my wife thinks I'm like 12. I am a conflicted man.
Sums it up for a lot of us, lol. I lost my wife in '94 - she might put a stop to some of my riskier behavior if she was still around.
 
Sorry to hear about your wife. Assuming you never remarried?
Correct. Raised our two daughters by myself... 3 yo and 0 yo when she passed - TTP. People live through it now because of her ... the doctors wrote books about it. We tried everything. Girls are in their 30's now and doing great.
 
We had an offshore boat for 25 years. It was used a lot. 2 motors replaced, 3 trailers, new transom over the period. We were always in the Keys, camping here on the islands in the Indian River. Then we got up there in age. Bad knees and feet, after a day offshore it took 2-3 days to recover. After my knee surgery and my wife's ankle surgery we decided to sell it. We're both glad we had it while we were younger and could go flat out none stop fishing for days. Good memories.
Had some adventures in boating when we were younger, as well. It's a lot of work, but many great memories. Now we have a little 17 trailerable multi-use catboat with a 5Hp motor.
Delirious.webp
 
Went for a ride on my birthday - 65 now - PI day as well as Einstein's birthday (no correlation, lol). Bike still runs like new - 08' Busa - first year of the 2nd gen.

View attachment 2247486View attachment 2247489
Ready to go to jail. Good for you. My single ride in a crotch rocket made me quickly realize that I was not responsible enough. Wheelie at 65 was comfortable. NOPE I know what will happen.
 
Correct. Raised our two daughters by myself... 3 yo and 0 yo when she passed - TTP. People live through it now because of her ... the doctors wrote books about it. We tried everything. Girls are in their 30's now and doing great.
That had to be an extremely challenging time in your life. I have 2 daughters as well about 2-3 years apart. They were a handful at times, raising them single would have been difficult. My hat's off to you sir.
 
Good for you still getting out there!
Living in fear too scared to take risks isn't living at all. I'm a couple of years ahead of you and still love riding, dirt and street!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0270 2.webp
    IMG_0270 2.webp
    350.6 KB · Views: 41
Ready to go to jail. Good for you. My single ride in a crotch rocket made me quickly realize that I was not responsible enough. Wheelie at 65 was comfortable. NOPE I know what will happen.
I've had the bike since 2011. The wheelie was a couple of months after I got it ... was still a spry 50 yo or so. 'Comfortable' isn't how I felt, more like being an observer in the situation, like a dummy light came on flashing "wheelie - wheelie - wheelie"... one can't afford to panic or spaz out, regardless of how the situation unfolds, or it's gonna be bad.
 
Last edited:
My daughter showed me this last night, we were laughing so hard, mainly because I could identify with it to some degree.

400_yo_coin.webp
 
1975, I almost died on my bike. I was a good rider but young and dumb. Too fast (about 100) around a curve trying to catch up with my buddy and into the ditch I went. That was the day I learned respect for my limitations.
 
Update ....Today is my 202 day working out this year, missed 3 days so far this year.

I'm on my 50th month of 7 day a week workouts, started June 10th, 2022.

I stop doing treadmill because it was bad on my knees, got to where I couldn't lift left knee to get in vehicle without lifting it with my hands, without lifting with hands the knee pain was pretty bad, when I had meniscus surgery on knee the dr told me I had arthritis in knee, I found the bike didn't bother my knee.

I do 10-12 miles on stationary bike everyday, 55-65 minutes depending on how hard I concentrate on maintaining 6 minute miles.

After bike 30-45 mins of weights, I will be 78 on next BD.. 183 lbs last night, when I started I was 229 lbs, and told I was diabetic, to workout more and cut carbs.

Still on my 100 carb a day diet with occasional cheats allowed for special holidays and birthdays.
 
My daughter showed me this last night, we were laughing so hard, mainly because I could identify with it to some degree.

View attachment 2248311
When I saw that, my first thought was "his hands look like mine, must be old as dirt".:laughing7:

If I put dust on my hands I'm in there LOL.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7487.webp
    IMG_7487.webp
    264.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Update ....Today is my 202 day working out this year, missed 3 days so far this year.

I'm on my 50th month of 7 day a week workouts, started June 10th, 2022.

I stop doing treadmill because it was bad on my knees, got to where I couldn't lift left knee to get in vehicle without lifting it with my hands, without lifting with hands the knee pain was pretty bad, when I had meniscus surgery on knee the dr told me I had arthritis in knee, I found the bike didn't bother my knee.

I do 10-12 miles on stationary bike everyday, 55-65 minutes depending on how hard I concentrate on maintaining 6 minute miles.

After bike 30-45 mins of weights, I will be 78 on next BD.. 183 lbs last night, when I started I was 229 lbs, and told I was diabetic, to workout more and cut carbs.

Still on my 100 carb a day diet with occasional cheats allowed for special holidays and birthdays.
Amazing. Are you doing any supplements, etc.?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom