What's new

Don't let the old man in

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went for a ride on my birthday - 65 now - PI day as well as Einstein's birthday (no correlation, lol). Bike still runs like new - 08' Busa - first year of the 2nd gen.

IMG_1248.webp
IMG_1239.webp
 
Happy Birthday Beep!🎂🎉 Hope it is a great day for you.

You are still a pup too.....👍 If I look back over my shoulder I can't even see you.....
Yeah ... I'm "young-old". My biological dad only lived to 65, but he was drinking and smoking heavily - 5 heart attacks. Mom live to 89, but with dementia. We'll see how it goes. Thank you for the BDay wishes.
 
Yeah ... I'm "young-old". My biological dad only lived to 65, but he was drinking and smoking heavily - 5 heart attacks. Mom live to 89, but with dementia. We'll see how it goes. Thank you for the BDay wishes.
Age is a state of mind, and so far I refuse to visit that state.
 
Happy Birthday "Beep" !!
I agree with the others. You are still Young !!
It's nice to see you avoided the "Ides of March" by one day.
Get a load of this guy I just saw on the local news.
His neighbors love seeing the "OLD" man.
 
Smart man to wear a helmet! I''ve seen way too many guys crack their skulls open when they crash their bikes. When you hit the back of your head on the pavement, you can stop breathing. Even if the head injury isn't too severe, that will kill you every time...
 
Smart man to wear a helmet! I''ve seen way too many guys crack their skulls open when they crash their bikes. When you hit the back of your head on the pavement, you can stop breathing. Even if the head injury isn't too severe, that will kill you every time...
that's right, you don't want to test that new Medicare plan on day one. Happy Birthday.
 
Smart man to wear a helmet! I''ve seen way too many guys crack their skulls open when they crash their bikes. When you hit the back of your head on the pavement, you can stop breathing. Even if the head injury isn't too severe, that will kill you every time...
All the gear, all the time.
 
Happy Bday brother. When I was 65 I could do a lot of things that are questionable today. Unfortunately, I didn't let the Old Man in, he just broke the door down and said I'm here, deal with it. When you wake up one morning and suddenly realize your 70 and your legs aren't working like they used to and you question whether or not you want to just stay in the bed, you'll realize that Old Man is working on you.
 
Happy Bday brother. When I was 65 I could do a lot of things that are questionable today. Unfortunately, I didn't let the Old Man in, he just broke the door down and said I'm here, deal with it. When you wake up one morning and suddenly realize your 70 and your legs aren't working like they used to and you question whether or not you want to just stay in the bed, you'll realize that Old Man is working on you.
Thank you. As Indiana would say, 'It's not the years, it's the mileage'. I'm already feeling some of that and I know, at some point, he gonna win. But, I'll do what I can to keep him at bay for as long as possible.
 
Thank you. As Indiana would say, 'It's not the years, it's the mileage'. I'm already feeling some of that and I know, at some point, he gonna win. But, I'll do what I can to keep him at bay for as long as possible.
Beep, check and see if there is an EOS gym near you... I just started my 46th month of 7 day a week workouts. I will be 78 on next birthday. It hasn't made me "the Rock", but I can tell it certainly has helped me.
 
As Indiana would say, 'It's not the years, it's the mileage'.

Happy Birthday!!
bday jpg.webp


It is the mileage, indeed. The average age of expiration for long-haul drivers
is about 61, so at 66 I feel like I've already won.. :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom