What's new

Door knocking = 4 silvers and 7 wheats

46Wheat

Silver Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
3,357
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out this morning with no plan in mind other then surviving the heat and humidity. Decided to do a little door knocking in a local college town . My first knock was a yes by a college girl who looked like she had just gotten out of bed . I asked her if she was renting and she said yes but the landlord gave her the run of the property . Considering what she looked like all sleepy eyed at 800 in the morning cant really say I blame him . But I digress.... lol . I asked her if she would call the landlord and confirm for my piece of mind and she said she would . So with permission confirmed with the owner off I went . I have to say it was probably the cleanest lawn as far as junk and pulltabs etc that I have ever seen in this college town . I didnt dig more then a dozen trash targets all day . The ground was like dust and I have a return visit planned when the rain starts again in the fall . For the day I ended up with 3 old Washington's a 1943, 1935 , 1939 and a 1964 rosie that looks like it was dropped the day it was minted. Also 7 wheats ranging from 1914-1952. As for normal clad my contribution to the roll it and buy silver fund was 3.72. Couple of odd relics and a rose tag
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20150903_163025.webp
    ForumRunner_20150903_163025.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 165
  • ForumRunner_20150903_163046.webp
    ForumRunner_20150903_163046.webp
    77.5 KB · Views: 162
Upvote 30
Very nice 46W! Three quarters is awesome in my little world. That's more silver than I have ever found in one day. Congrats on the score.
 
85 cents face... Great day...when it cools down we should make plans for you to come down man ...lemme know
 
Bam, Bam, Bam and another, Small Bam!! Love the Silvers
 
Great finds, funny how were all hoping for cool weather but dread that frozen ground nonsense!
 
Incredible digs there my friend... but damn those silver Washingtons! I swear nobody ever dropped one in my neighborhood!:BangHead:
 
I can just imagine what that college girl might say later on, if the subject ever comes up about those darn treasure hunters! ;)

Looks like it paid for your effort.
Nice!
 
85 cents face... Great day...when it cools down we should make plans for you to come down man ...lemme know

Sounds good ... my cousin lives in your neck of the woods so it could be a two for one visit
 
I can just imagine what that college girl might say later on, if the subject ever comes up about those darn treasure hunters! ;)

Looks like it paid for your effort.
Nice!

She actually was hanging around all day and seemed pretty interested in the whole process . To the point where she asked if she could try it sometime
 
She actually was hanging around all day and seemed pretty interested in the whole process . To the point where she asked if she could try it sometime

Well, I know what my opinion might have been, if someone knocked on my door, waking me up at 8am and asked if he could dig up my yard and insisted I call my landlord. All to see if he could find any gold or silver. ;) LOL
 
Didn't know it was a college house or I wouldn't have knocked till noon.:laughing7: Im not taking a tenants word as permission ..... been there did that and got thrown off by the owner when they found out . But it turned out ok so double bonus :occasion14:
 
I don't even try the local college town here. They have an ordinance prohibiting it on municipal property and the college kids are known for their rowdy parties. I can only imagine the number of pull tabs in the lawns lol.
 
Awesome day all around!!

3 silver quarters on one hunt has got to be some kind of record. After my quarter find yesterday, it made a total of 3 quarters from that yard over probably a dozen hunts. Lol
Pretty good day with the wheats too.

Hope a return hunt there brings you still more silver.
 
I personally would probably not knock on a stranger's door that early in the morning, but glad you got permission--you may have better luck in the future if you wait till at least 10 AM, but that's just my opinion. I hate those aluminum rose tags! They sound so good and are such a let down. I've dug a bunch of them over the years. Nice job on the silver :thumbsup:
 
I personally would probably not knock on a stranger's door that early in the morning, but glad you got permission--you may have better luck in the future if you wait till at least 10 AM, but that's just my opinion. I hate those aluminum rose tags! They sound so good and are such a let down. I've dug a bunch of them over the years. Nice job on the silver :thumbsup:

I don't usually go knocking that early but I was trying to avoid the heat. I live in a very rural area and most people are up and around by 600 or 630 so in the past when I have gone that early to beat the heat the time really hasn't been an issue . It was just a little unusual for me today because I went to a bigger town that has a college and happened to hit on a college rental house . I never even thought of the college connection part until after that bleary eyed young lady came to the door. But it all worked out in the end
 
Good job Wheat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom