johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I do. Center the target in the center of the coil. Then slowly move the coil back toward you, (keeping the coil centered on the target) until the target sound disappears. At that point the target should be at the front tip of the coil. Takes longer to explain then too actually do. Good Luck.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7.5klhz 9inch concentric is a great coil just give it a chance .

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnycat said:
This is what I do. Center the target in the center of the coil. Then slowly move the coil back toward you, (keeping the coil centered on the target) until the target sound disappears. At that point the target should be at the front tip of the coil. Takes longer to explain then too actually do. Good Luck.
Exactly

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oooops! I thought this was about something else! HAHAHA

Best-Mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relic lover said:
johnnycat said:
Exactly

It is extremely easy once you try it with a coin on the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread