weston
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 28, 2009
- Messages
- 40
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- lima ohio area
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer SE
There was one of those not to far from here in smAlbany...somewhere south in the Catskills. Haven't gotten there yet but an experienced digger told me it wasn't worth the time because all the bottles that would be there would be the broken ones as the good ones would be sold.SODABOTTLEBOB said:I really didn't want to post this, but temptation got the best of me.
Plus it's about the only thing I've found so far on old bottle factories.
~ * ~
New England Glass Works (1780-81) in Temple, NH.
BuckleBoy said:A simple PM to Tnet member Harry Pristis will get you an idea of the bottle's value. And this would also save a lot of wild speculation.
My advice to you is to broaden out and learn all you can about many different areas of collecting: Bottles, Relics, Tokens...and the list goes on. Coins are nice, but the most valuable items I've recovered, found, or dug were not coins--and I have 1000s of coins in my dug collection going back 250 years.
Regards,
Buckles
!!!,Great find...HH ALL !!!-Have fun Weston
There were a ton of glass factories in the Ohio Valley/ Pittsburgh area.72cheyenne said:Nice bottle weston.
Post this down in the Bottles and Glass forum. Members Harry Pristis and Road Dog will get you all the info you need.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,16.0.html
I agree. So far we are only guessing.TnMountains said:72cheyenne said:Nice bottle weston.
Post this down in the Bottles and Glass forum. Members Harry Pristis and Road Dog will get you all the info you need.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,16.0.html
Best advice you have been given. They may even own several for comparison.
Good luck hope its worth bunches !
bigcypresshunter said:I agree. So far we are only guessing.TnMountains said:72cheyenne said:Nice bottle weston.
Post this down in the Bottles and Glass forum. Members Harry Pristis and Road Dog will get you all the info you need.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,16.0.html
Best advice you have been given. They may even own several for comparison.
Good luck hope its worth bunches !
I have seen this historical flask before and Im not an expert. Google "eagle flask" and you will see several in images. Its a very well known desirable bottle. I think they will know exactly what this is and where it was made. SWR would know. The bottle guys will know.
After you post in the bottle forum, I hope you will post your findings back here. Thanks.