What's new

double headed walking liberty?

Idaho hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350- Ace250- 10X WORKHORSE - GARRETT PRO POINTER - Mighty AP digger
anyone know what a fake double faced walking liberty half 1942 might be worth.
I found a 1942 walking liberty half on both sides, looking at it thru a glass I can
see that it has been cut and another face put on it so it it is double faced. when I first
saw it I got real excited untill i checked it out :(. I don't know if it is worth anything
extra or not. anyone see one before or know what it might be worth.
 
Done from a regular coin I think you're out of luck other than maybe being worth a buck or two to fool someone with a coin flip.
 
Upvote 0
4-H staff said:
Hmmm that sounds interesting. You could post a picture of it and ill bet these people will let you know for sure in less than 15 minutes.

Ditto. Need a photo.
Sounds interesting.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I have a double-headed 1972 quarter that I dug up, they are used for coin tosses. If you use a loupe and look closely, you can see where the reeded edge was glued back together....NGE
 
Upvote 0
the very first large cent i found was double headed. one side is dated 1855, and the other is 1848. they seem to have been sanded down and soldered together.
 
Upvote 0
"Two Face" from the Batman series used a two headed coin to make decisions. Obviously he would get the same answer, always. ;D
 

Attachments

  • twoface_2006.webp
    twoface_2006.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 319
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom