Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bible says the Earth is square, and sets on a pedestal.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
flat with a raised edge like a pizza so we don't fall off. ss

Yes, and the crust is stuffed! WITH GOLD!

Mike

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I'm sorry I can't read your articles right now, but you are still mistaken on your dates. If you are asking how we went to all the races from Adam and Eve from 4,000 B.C. to Christ that would be 4,000 years.

I'll be back...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandsted said:
I'm sorry I can't read your articles right now, but you are still mistaken on your dates. If you are asking how we went to all the races from Adam and Eve from 4,000 B.C. to Christ that would be 4,000 years.

I'll be back...
No, I mean that since the Chinese written records go back to 1800 BC, even with your numbers, that leaves 2200 years to populate all the countries in the world, and develop all the civilizations (including languages and writing). That's just using KNOWN CHINESE HISTORY!

When we throw Egypt into the mix, We KNOW that Julius Caesar, Marc Antony, and Cleopatra were real people. We know when they lived and died through written records. Through those same records, we know who Cleopatra's Parents were, and her grandparents, and her greatgrandparents, and so on back to about 3050 BC. We can tell this FOR A FACT because we know how long each of the Pharos ruled, and when they died. All we have to do is look at heiroglyphics written by the Egyptians. They name each Pharoh. They tell how long they ruled for, and when they died. We just count backward until we get to the First Dynastic Ruler of Egypt; MENES. He lived circa 3100-3000BC. There were two Rulers of Pre-Dynastic Egypt before that. Let's just use 20 years as a safe number of years to rule. That puts our written (read PROVABLE) records of history back to 3090 BC. Using your numbers of Creation happening about 4000BC, that only leaves you 910 years to populate the Earth, make people different colors, give them their civilizations, languages, and writing styles. Not likely!

OOOPS! Forgot another monkeywrench in your FACTS! But do you think that the Sumerians and the Babylonians were just made up by somebody? The Babylonians date back to about 4600 BC, and the Sumerians predate them by about 800 years (5400BC). They don't necessarily use carbon dating to get those dates either. See, we can watch as cultures evolve and grow by watching how their pottery and tools evolve over time. There are also clay tablets that have successive rulers and things, but our knowledge about that period is not perfect (we know a lot though).

Here is something that I realized a LONG time ago when I first heard the televangelists quakking all that crap about men and dinosaurs living at the same time, and dinosaurs only lived 4-5000 years ago. Are you ready for this one? Here it comes:

IF MEN AND DINOSAURS LIVED AT THE SAME TIME, WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE REAL BONES FROM HUMANS OF THE PERIOD, AND ONLY FOSSILS FROM DINOSAURS?

Simple deduction. I'm not that complicated a person, but I know when something smells rotten! Yes, I know all about the footprints in the Texas Riverbeds. Maybe there was a creature that resembled us that lived then. Maybe it was a reptile that had similar footprints. Who knows? I don't, because I wasn't alive then to say for sure. If you can explain to me how we can have NO dinosaur bones (only fossils), and ONLY human bones (no fossils), and have them living at the same time, then I may just come over to your way of thinking. But I know you can't! I have hit many people with that question, and NONE have been able to give me a good answer. My favorite was "Because God wants it that way to test your faith in his word!"

Best

Mike

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Yeah, flat like a coin!! You get it! We live on the heads side and China is on the Arse side... in fact, our coin is at the center of the universe.. and the coin dates to 4,000 B.C. and you can't tell me any different, you have no proof. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-X

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's right! Benny Hinn says so! ;D ;D

mike

OP
OP
digman

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandsted,

The oldest rocks on Earth found so far are the Acasta Gneisses in northwestern Canada near Great Slave Lake (4.03 Ga) and the Isua Supracrustal rocks in West Greenland (3.7 to 3.8 Ga), but well-studied rocks nearly as old are also found in the Minnesota River Valley and northern Michigan (3.5-3.7 billion years), in Swaziland (3.4-3.5 billion years), and in Western Australia (3.4-3.6 billion years). [See Editor's Note.] These ancient rocks have been dated by a number of radiometric dating methods and the consistency of the results give scientists confidence that the ages are correct to within a few percent. An interesting feature of these ancient rocks is that they are not from any sort of "primordial crust" but are lava flows and sediments deposited in shallow water, an indication that Earth history began well before these rocks were deposited. In Western Australia, single zircon crystals found in younger sedimentary rocks have radiometric ages of as much as 4.3 billion years, making these tiny crystals the oldest materials to be found on Earth so far. The source rocks for these zircon crystals have not yet been found. The ages measured for Earth's oldest rocks and oldest crystals show that the Earth is at least 4.3 billion years in age but do not reveal the exact age of Earth's formation.

The age for the Earth (4.54 Ga) is based on old, presumed single-stage leads coupled with the Pb ratios in troilite from iron meteorites, specifically the Canyon Diablo meteorite. In addition, mineral grains (zircon) with U-Pb ages of 4.4 Ga have recently been reported from sedimentary rocks in west-central Australia.

The Moon is a more primitive planet than Earth because it has not been disturbed by plate tectonics; thus, some of its more ancient rocks are more plentiful. Only a small number of rocks were returned to Earth by the six Apollo and three Luna missions. These rocks vary greatly in age, a reflection of their different ages of formation and their subsequent histories. The oldest dated moon rocks, however, have ages between 4.4 and 4.5 billion years and provide a minimum age for the formation of our nearest planetary neighbor.

The most widely accepted view among current anthropologists is that Homo sapiens originated in the African savanna between 200,000 and 250,000 years ago, descending from Homo erectus, and colonized Eurasia and Oceania by 40,000 years ago, and finally colonized the Americas by 10,000 years ago. They displaced Homo neanderthalensis, Homo floresiensis and other species descended from Homo erectus (which had colonized Eurasia as early as 2 million years ago) through more successful reproduction and competition for resources.

Digman.

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
I'm sorry I can't read all your posts right now but will maybe tonight, anyway I'll just make one point, at an archeological dig outside Glenwood Minnesota, fragments of ichayosaur (that's wrong spelling, I'll correct later) were found and like 2 feet below that fragments of human bones were found.

I know the guy that commisioned it, I think you might be able to read an article on it from the Starbuck times...but I'm not sure if they have that on the www.

Another thing, theres this...I'll have to check, it's a sandstone thing that geologist claim is 3 billion years old was found formed around a hammer with part of the handle still there.

Do you believe that humans were making iron hammers 3 billion years ago?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are all kinds of reasons why one thing can be below another, but you still haven't answered my question (you actually are helping to prove it)!

Mike

Sandsted

Apr 20, 2006
What am I helping? Because of all the evolution crap you were taught in school, all these theories based on no evidence...just that a theory, you can't fathom dinosaurs living along side each other.

Sorry for my lack of education. But what do you mean by fossil vs. bones? A fossil is a remnant, impression, or trace of an organism of past geologic ages that has been preserved in the earth's crust. We have thousands of full skeletons of dinosaurs.

But no, in the case I was talking abut the dinosaur and the human below it this is a spot a guy I know dowse. At about 12 feet down there is a grave then at about 10 there is a man killed by a disaster of somesort like a asteroid or something, and then above him a very large dinosaur.

In 100 years from 1900 to 2000 the population of America went from 76 million to 273.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Tell me, how did you date those Chinese documents? Did they have the date written on it? "...1,800 B.C." I think not, so how can you so confidently say they are that old? I did contradict myself, but I meant I wasn't saying anything totally forsure on my research now, but I can say that there is no billions, millions, hundreds of thousands of years.

You have no evidence to support your theory that the earth is so old.

And how do you keep coming up with 200 years? I think you are confusing yourself. 6,000 years ago, not 4,000. 4,000 B.C. would be 6,006 years ago.

Is this guy serious?

OP
OP
digman

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know... I am confused !!
The initial subject is about how old Dowsing is, and not how old earth is.
All I found was some article with possible date around 8.000 years, but as said above, this cave painting has nothing to do with dowsing.
My initial thought was to make a search for the history of dowsing, how old it is...but we meshed up with age of earth, etc.
Digman.

OP
OP
digman

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as the Chinese documents of 1.800 BC, its their history and it is documented by archaeologists and scientists. But its their History. They lived their civilisation all that time, continuously, with no break or dark age, continuously.
As far as the proof, there are methods, as Gollum states above.
Digman.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Sandsted,

Class has begun. I will answer all your questions, so that no matter what your education level, you should be able to get the concepts.

Q:
What am I helping?

A: You are proving my point (All will be explained in a moment.

Q:
Because of all the evolution crap you were taught in school, all these theories based on no evidence...just that a theory, you can't fathom dinosaurs living along side each other.

A: Whoever told you there was no evidence for evolution, has no clue about what it is. All you have to do is open your eyes and you can see evolution all around you. The best evidence for evolution, though, is on the Galapagos Islands, off the coast of South America. Each island is just far enough apart so that the animals can't move from island to island. There are the same animals on the islands, only they have evolved to accomodate their habitat. On some islands, the edible greenery is higher up on bushes. The tortoises on that island evolved longer necks to more easily reach their food source. On other islands, the food source is right on the ground. Those tortoises have shorter necks. The average male human height 500 years ago was about 5'8". Today, average male human height is 5'11". Everything evolves. If it doesn't evolve fast enough to suit environmental changes, then it goes extinct.

Q:
But what do you mean by fossil vs. bones? A fossil is a remnant, impression, or trace of an organism of past geologic ages that has been preserved in the earth's crust. We have thousands of full skeletons of dinosaurs.

A: A bone is one of the things that makes up your skeleton. When a bone sits in the ground for a long time, the bone (just like everything else in the body) dissolves into nothing. When a body is covered by sand, dirt, or whatever, as the layer covering your bones turns hard, and an impression of your body is left in the hardened layers. Over the years, Every part of your body dissolves (even the bones). As your body dissolves, minerals from the surrounding strata seeps into the hole, filling it up. Over time, those minerals harden, but they have the exact same shape as your body. That is basically what a fossil is. No, we don't have ANY dinosaur BONE skeletons. We have complete (and most incomplete) fossilized skeletons of dinosaurs. What archaeologists do is dig up those hardened minerals that have replaced the bones. They clean off the rock that encases the minerals. Then, they make plaster molds of the fossils. They recreate the skeleton in different materials. That is most of what you see in museums. And a Wooly Mammoth is not a dinosaur. Dinosaur is Greek for "Terrible Lizard" The Mammoth was a mammal. When a fossil is created, there is nothing left of the original creature. If there were, we could extract DNA from the bone marrow, and clone them. We can't Jurrasic Park was just a movie.

Q:
But no, in the case I was talking abut the dinosaur and the human below it this is a spot a guy I know dowse. At about 12 feet down there is a grave then at about 10 there is a man killed by a disaster of somesort like a asteroid or something, and then above him a very large dinosaur.

A: For the life of me, I can't understand how you can't believe in scientific facts (like evolution), but yet have no problem believing in pseudo-science (like dowsing)?

Q:
In 100 years from 1900 to 2000 the population of America went from 76 million to 273.

A: Come on. You can't be serious. It is simple math. I'll do it in word problem form;

(Simple version) Say you have a population of 1000. Half of them are women, and all of the women get pregnant every 5 years (and yes, I know this means 5 years olds are getting pregnant, but is just simply to prove a methematical point). Since only women can get pregnant, you have 500 initial pregnancies. Here's what you get after 20 years:
1st 5 years: 500 women have 500 babies (remember, half of everyone is female). Your population is 1500
2nd 5 years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again. Now, you have 750 babies. Your population is 2250
3rd 5 Years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again. Now, you get 1125 babies. Your population is 3375
4th 5 years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again.. Now, you get 1687.5 babies. Your population is 5062.5

Now, let's start with 2 people (same formulae):
1st 5 years: 1 woman has 1 baby. Your population is now 3
2nd 5 years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again. Now, you have 1.5 babies (.5 woman can only have .5 of a baby). Your population is now 4.5
3rd 5 years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again. Now, you have 2.25 babies. Your population is 6.75
4th 5 years: 5 years later, all the women get pregnant again. Now, you have 3.375 babies. Your population is 10.125

See the differences after 20 years? It's all a question of how many you are starting with.

Best,

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK,

Now for Anthropology 101 Class:

I don't know the names of the Chinese Emperors, but the Chinese do! This is the simple version of how we know that Emperor PooPoo ruled 3800 years ago:

Emperor PeePee took over when PooPoo died. PeePee wrote down that PooPoo ruled for 50 years. When PeePee dies, DooDoo takes charge. He writes down that PeePee ruled for 50 years. When DooDoo dies, DeeDee take charge. He writes that DooDoo ruled for 50 years. When DeeDee dies, MooMoo takes charge. He writes down that DeeDee ruled for 50 years. So far we can FACTUALLY account for:
1. PooPoo= 50 years
2. PeePee= 50 years
3. DooDoo= 50 years
4. DeeDee= 50 years
5. Moomoo rules and it goes on over and over until we get to the present.

See how it works? We know who came before and after each ruler, and how long each emperor ruled. The Chinese have records like that , that go back 3800 years. The Egyptians' records go back even farther! We also know that the babylonians were there before the Egyptians . They didn't die out until long after Egypt was there, and the Sumerians were even older than the Babylonians. This is how this works:
1. Egyptians say that Babylonians were there before them. We know the Egyptians got there about 3100BC (That's 6100 years ago).
2. Babylonians say that the Sumerians were there before them. We know that the Babylonians got there about 4600BC (That's 6600 years ago).

That's how Anthropology Works.

So, today we have covered Archaeology, Mathematics, History, and Anthropology.

Class Dismissed ;D ;D ;D -Mike

OP
OP
digman

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know they are :
Xia Dynasty 2183 - 1752 BC ruled for 431 Years
Shang Dynasty 1751 - 1027 BC ruled for 724 Years
W Zhou Dynasty 1100 - 771 BC ruled for 331 Years
E Zhou Dynasty 770 - 221 BC ruled for 551 Years
Warring States & Qin Dynasty 350 - 206 BC ruled for 144 Years
Han Dynasty 206 BC - 220 AD ruled for 426 Years
Era of Disunity 220 - 589 AD ruled for 371 Years
Tang Dynasty 618 - 907 AD ruled for 290 Years
Digman.

OP
OP
digman

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandsted, if we want to go a little earlier, there are the Sumerians.

Among the earliest civilizations were the diverse peoples living in the fertile valleys lying between the Tigris and Euphrates valley, or Mesopotamia, which in Greek means, "between the rivers." In the south of this region, in an area now in Kuwait and northern Saudi Arabia, a mysterious group of people, speaking a language unrelated to any other human language we know of, began to live in cities, which were ruled by some sort of monarch, and began to write. These were the Sumerians, and around 3000 BC they began to form large city-states in southern Mesopotamia that controlled areas of several hundred square miles. The names of these cities speak from a distant and foggy past: Ur, Lagash, Eridu. These Sumerians were constantly at war with one another and other peoples, for water was a scarce and valuable resource. The result over time of these wars was the growth of larger city-states as the more powerful swallowed up the smaller city-states. Eventually, the Sumerians would have to battle another peoples, the Akkadians, who migrated up from the Arabian Peninsula. The Akkadians were a Semitic people, that is, they spoke a Semitic language related to languages such as Hebrew and Arabic. When the two peoples clashed, the Sumerians gradually lost control over the city-states they had so brilliantly created and fell under the hegemony of the Akkadian kingdom which was based in Akkad, the city that was later to become Babylon.

But that was not the end of the Sumerians. The Akkadians abandoned much of their culture and absorbed vast amounts of Sumerian culture, including their religion, writing, government structure, literature, and law. But the Sumerians retained nominal control over many of their defeated city-states, and in 2125, the Sumerian city of Ur rose up against the Akkadians and gained for their daring control over the city-states of southern Mesopotamia. But the revival of Sumerian fortune was to be short-lived, for after a short century, another wave of Semitic migrations signed the end of the original creators of Mesopotamian culture.

But history sometimes plays paradoxical games and human cultures sometimes persist in strange ways. For the great experiment of the Sumerians was civilization, a culture transformed by the practical effects of urbanization, writing, and monarchy. While the Sumerians disappear from the human story around 2000 BC, the invaders that overthrew them adopted their culture and became, more or less, Sumerian. They adopted the government, economy, city-living, writing, law, religion, and stories of the original peoples.

Armies of conquering peoples swept across Mesopotamia and overwhelmed the Sumerian city-states. Often the newcomers settled in the region and adopted ideas from the Sumerians. For example, newcomers adapted cuneiform to their own languages and helped spread Sumerian learning across the Middle East. By means of various peoples who conquered the Middle East, Sumerian knowledge passed on to the Greeks and Romans. They, in turn, had a powerful impact on the development of the western world.

Shall we go fyrther back ?
Digman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread