What's new

Dr Gomer and the big KRF point

larson1951

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
4,974
Reaction score
3,894
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
this had over an inch of the point missing......a real heart breaker
i thank you gomer for a great job

IMG_0113.webp

IMG_0117.webp

IMG_0118.webp

IMG_0120.webp
 
Upvote 0
sweet point mr. larson
 
Yes sir, the doc pulls off some amazing feats. The way he matched the materials is awesome!

here's my biggest KRF piece that the doc mended. it's about 3 1/2 inches.

DSCN2741.webp
 
Yes sir, the doc pulls off some amazing feats. The way he matched the materials is awesome!

here's my biggest KRF piece that the doc mended. it's about 3 1/2 inches.

View attachment 946203



ok joel.......no fair!!!!!.......
...............you beat me.......yours is nicer........but where was it busted??
yours is way more nice!
 
Hey larson1951!! Steve, sorry to interrupt this thread, but wanted to be certain you received my address on the PM!! VERDE!!
 
Steve

Here is how it looked before the trip to the doctor. A little damage resulted in a piece off the base. It is one of the best KRF pieces I have ever held too.
DSCN0763.webp

DSCN2743.webp
 
Those are super nice points. I'm kinda new here. Who is this Dr.? I don't have to ask how his work is. A picture is worth a thousand words. I may have a few could use his art. Thanks for posting.
 
Those are super nice points. I'm kinda new here. Who is this Dr.? I don't have to ask how his work is. A picture is worth a thousand words. I may have a few could use his art. Thanks for posting.

Dr. Gomer, lithic art restoration. google him. He does some amazing work.
 
He seems like a super nice guy and had heard his restoration work was the best. Ya'lls pictures prove its true.
 
Nice repair work for sure! Great job Mr. Gomer!!!
 
Those are super nice points. I'm kinda new here. Who is this Dr.? I don't have to ask how his work is. A picture is worth a thousand words. I may have a few could use his art. Thanks for posting.



the link: a nice website with many great before/after images
DrGomer.com


his name is Thornton Pyles........hence comes the nickname of 'Dr Gomer'
his son Teben helps him.........his sons nickname is 'T-bone'

some bone fish hooks that he repaired for me

IMG_0564.webp
 
Last edited:
Hey larson1951!! Steve, sorry to interrupt this thread, but wanted to be certain you received my address on the PM!! VERDE!!

hello VERDE!! haha
no i did not get a PM from you....i just looked again
try sending another please

larson1951
 
Without telling your personal costs, is it quite expensive to have a point restored? Does Dr Gomer charge according to the length of work done?
 
Without telling your personal costs, is it quite expensive to have a point restored? Does Dr Gomer charge according to the length of work done?


well there are most likely variables in figuring repair costs on things of this nature but i can tell you a few facts that should get you the info you are looking for

1. he is a super friendly and good guy and gives you a quote in writing before any work is started

2. i sent the broke point and the 4 fish hooks to him and i got them all back in a very timely fashion

3. the whole batch came to a total of just south of 200 bucks.....so the point was well worth it......and so were the four hooks

i would highly refer him....also each of the five pieces came with a high quality certificate with a before and after image on each one

his ability and methods used lend themselves to perfectly matching work


larson1951
 
well there are most likely variables in figuring repair costs on things of this nature but i can tell you a few facts that should get you the info you are looking for

1. he is a super friendly and good guy and gives you a quote in writing before any work is started

2. i sent the broke point and the 4 fish hooks to him and i got them all back in a very timely fashion

3. the whole batch came to a total of just south of 200 bucks.....so the point was well worth it......and so were the four hooks

i would highly refer him....also each of the five pieces came with a high quality certificate with a before and after image on each one

his ability and methods used lend themselves to perfectly matching work


larson1951



Thank You My Friend! I was just wondering. I can see that he does do an excellent job, and I see that yours and Quito's turned of fantastic. :icon_thumleft:
 
Thank You My Friend! I was just wondering. I can see that he does do an excellent job, and I see that yours and Quito's turned of fantastic. :icon_thumleft:


yep except that point that quito has is twice as nice.....dag nabbit!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom