What's new

Drained lake gives up a ring

maxjax

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oregon coast
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt, Garret 1350
they drained a lake here to get ready for the rainy season, I love it when they do that, not a great find but I've only just begun searching.
I put in about 3hrs yesterday and got about a dozen fishing weights and a buck or so of clad. going to hit it hard today...
wish me luck. :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:
 

Attachments

  • Picture_18.webp
    Picture_18.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 893
  • Picture-18.gif
    Picture-18.gif
    216.3 KB · Views: 934
Upvote 0
Congrats that's an interesting ring! Looks solid and heavy too. :headbang:
 
A great day fishing. Congrats to you. :icon_thumleft:
Is there anything stamped inside?
-MM-
 
No inscription, not silver :crybaby2:, to heavy for titanium, that only leaves stainless steel... but it got the heart rate up :laughing9:
 
Mud fishin! Gotta love it.....Good luck on your next trip! :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon
 
nice looking ring! congrats
 
Interesting ring !

What portion of the lake have you found to be most productive, so far ?

Shallow/deep... Identified as a swimming area w/beach or just a non-descript area ?

Nearest to common access, or otherwise ?

Be sure to grid your area...

Luck trumps all, but hunting in the luckiest spots is even better !
 
Great looking ring, good luck on the future hunts there
 
rmptr said:
Interesting ring !

What portion of the lake have you found to be most productive, so far ?

Shallow/deep... Identified as a swimming area w/beach or just a non-descript area ?

Nearest to common access, or otherwise ?

Be sure to grid your area...

Luck trumps all, but hunting in the luckiest spots is even better !

I watched were the most swimming seem to be.
I marked it this summer when the place was packed and now the water is about 10 vertical feet down exposing about 70 horizontal feet of beach... now I imagine where shoulder deep would be and thats where I seem to find the good stuff.

Went back again today and picked up another 1/2 pound of fishing weights but no goodies :(

I was showing the wife how to use her new MXT : "hey check this out!" and "I can't find this @#@#$ thing, will you help me!"... but it will be worth it when I plan our next vacation around MD'ing. :headbang:
 
Try and figure out where the chest deep water would be at that is where I find most of my rings. Gool luck......Matt
 
Wicked ring ! Never saw one like it before. :icon_pirat:
 
:icon_thumright: cool ring wtg , I'd wear it thats cool lookin
 
Thanks MJ !

Sounds like you do have a good program worked out.

Good luck !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom