What's new

Draped bust!

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
3,078
Golden Thread
1
Location
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the cellar hole that has produced a variety of colonial coppers. The land owner had done some digging with his tractor, so I decided to give it a try. I only had 15 minutes, and the first signal came after 5 minutes. It was really muddy, and being in sneakers,I couldn't move much. I found a rock to stand on and swung around it, and that's when I got a solid 11:44 on the etrac. It was obviously a copper, but I had no idea what it was until I got home. It's a 1798 Draped Bust large cent, style 1. Here it is after a little toothpick love. Thanks for looking folks!



 
Last edited:
Upvote 80
Very nice! Congrats!
 
Freaking SWEET! :occasion14:
 
That's a great find. And it was in Canada of all places.
 
Congratz on a nice LC!
 
Hi; Great Find. In Canada No Less. Awesome. PEACE:RONB
 
That's a really nice one buddy
 
Congrats RM! That is one nice old coin.
 
Most excellent! And in great condition.

Congrats
 
just wow.
brad
 
Great find with some nice detail! Congrats.
 
Thank you guys. Here's a pic of the other side. Decent detail but crusty

 
Awesome save!!! How does the reverse look? Details look nice. Little light cleaning wouldn't hurt.
 
Awesome save!!! How does the reverse look? Details look nice. Little light cleaning wouldn't hurt.

I added a pic of the obverse. It's in the last post on page 1. I'll add it to the original post. Thank you!
 
Good find, as far as found in Canada, that's not so surprising, the loyalists here (in NS) were the majority of the population....around that time of that coin.

I actually found the same date coin, but mine is much worse condition.
PS I didn't have to stand on a rock, and swing the coil around it to find it. Have the video somewhere.
 
Great looking draped bust RelicMedic! Dug lots of DBLC's but can't seem to find one in the 1790's. Really like the patina and contrast on the front of the copper. Well done :icon_thumright:
 
Standing on a rock with your sneakers on because it's muddy? C'mon get your boots on and get your rear end back out there.....:laughing7:...GREAT FIND
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom