Dredge heater plans

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would plug those holes from the 8 o'clock to the 4 o'clock going clockwise with bolts, etc.. to help trap the heat in the can. I only have about 7 holes for exhaust.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131209_191418.png

Exhaust side

For some reason the pic turned 90 degrees. The holes is on the bottom half of the heat exchanger / muffler.

Last edited:

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131209_192006.png

Inside can.

48' of 1/4" od.

Double coiled.

3/4" Copper Pipe

3/32" holes staggered, spaced about 1" apart

Insulated inside wall with 1" fiberglass pipe insulation (I'm a plumber) and end of can.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike it sure looks like 3/8" OD tubing in the pic but I know it's just a illusion...I used to take pictures of my manhood to convince my wife it was bigger! Just kidding!!!
This whole project for me has been one failure after another...I did hvac for over 16 years and I was positive I had learned a thing or two about transferring heat but this project has kicked my arse. Maybe I've just been over thinking or over engineering it..

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
and now to throw in a little kink! some places require a "approved" USFS spark arrestor on the exhaust.all it is,is a small stainless steel screen blocking any spark/hot carbon deposits from blowing out. I know,out on the river/stream/creek there isnt anything to burn but they are still required. how to get around this requirement. i can make one but it wont be "approved" but maybe they would over look the "approved" part??

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
and now to throw in a little kink! some places require a "approved" USFS spark arrestor on the exhaust.all it is,is a small stainless steel screen blocking any spark/hot carbon deposits from blowing out. I know,out on the river/stream/creek there isnt anything to burn but they are still required. how to get around this requirement. i can make one but it wont be "approved" but maybe they would over look the "approved" part??

You can buy that part online and rivet it on, instead of several holes you would just make one bigger and out the sa over it. At least that's what I think.

ksemarine

Dec 16, 2013
Singapore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For dredging you can contact to any company which are providing dredging services.I will suggest you to go with ksemarine.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For dredging you can contact to any company which are providing dredging services.I will suggest you to go with ksemarine.

SPAM!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I think I have this heater thing figured out. I was watching the pitch to Discovery Channel for Bearing Sea Gold and I see another way to do it and it looks like it would make some serious heat.
At 1:50 it shows it. Going to give it a try!

littlenugget1

Jan 23, 2014
caldwell,id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got my heater hooked up last night.:thumbsup: so now its to the cold water to check it out along with my new p180 pumps in a day or so. finished heater.jpg

littlenugget1

Jan 23, 2014
caldwell,id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got my heater hooked up last night.:thumbsup: so now its to the cold water to check it out along with my new p180 pumps in a day or so. View attachment 937193
okay just got finished with the dredge rebuild and newely built heater every thing went good a few little kinks but thats okay the heater did just fine at a temp of 104 deg. and to top that after only 15 min. of dredge time there was a little yellow stuff in the clean up. Thank you again omni. for the help getting it on the water.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
okay just got finished with the dredge rebuild and newely built heater every thing went good a few little kinks but thats okay the heater did just fine at a temp of 104 deg. and to top that after only 15 min. of dredge time there was a little yellow stuff in the clean up. Thank you again omni. for the help getting it on the water.

No Problem! Glad you got to see me! That'll be $50/hr for the help btw! LOL

Seriously, it was a pleasure watching you son step in the 4' deep hole that your nozzle made while the dredge was running! Very classic, wish we was recording it! Seeing how the your heater was pumping the heat made me hopeful for mine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread