OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pearl, you need to decide if the hole was drilled through the symbols later on..or if it was made at the same time. For example, one line of the horse does not seem cut off at all, but rather ends before the drill hole starts.
Yes , your right. I see it. Thats its leg. That would mean the hole came first. Right? Because if horse was first wouldn't all lines come directly to it? Wow, why didn't I catch that!

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
i tend to agree with you. The hole came first, either on purpose or it was their already and they just added on. I don't think it matters.

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty - now thats interesting. I'd never heard or read that before. You probably can't tell from little picture but the hole body is there and I'd been thinking trail in both directions. I really want to find more symbols . Heading for the woods, Ha! Thanks all!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
My thoughts are that anything that is a full body indicates its comming from somewhere and going somewhere, anything that is a head or only shows one direction then its looking at something of interest, may only be a direction of travel or to next marker, size makes a big difference concerning distance, something that indicates a dig here is probably across the top of the hill or across the valley, my thoughts is that you are in the area only

wannadig

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pearl54, regardless what you hear size does matter, depth matters, comfurence does matter,width does matter, IF it is carved all the way thru the rock it still matters, 48 inches depth = 48 inches divide by 4 = 12, it looks like the drill hole slopes toward the bottom and that matters, they didn't make mistakes, everything for a reason.

Dsty, I have been trying to learn about drill holes. Would you post all the dimentions and explain what each represents and how to measure like you did the depth above. I have 4 drill holes each one at different sites. Thank you for the depth information.

Wannadig

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Old Hand Dug Holes and Old Photos are the 2 thats left, deleted the others, got scarry, stuff goinng on, wannadig theres at least 400 variations of drill holes, post the ones you have a question about and I'll try to help, please show the entire rock. Measurements across, depth, circumfurence, and I think I know you from Hughes county, Seminole county. I think everybody is interested to a degree, and I probably won't answer every question but I will try

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread