drill hole threw carving

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone one seen this before - a carving with a drill hole threw it? What does that mean? Any ideas would be appreciated. DSCF3289.JPG

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Depth divide by 4 ( 10 cm ) width ? and circumfurence = don't really have enough info to go any farther, distance unless angled or horzional, can't get it to enlarge, not much to work with, sorry

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty - So you approach this the same as you would any drill hole? Sorry I can't improve upon pic. I'm out of town with limited means and don't have measurements with me. Do you have any idea why it was put threw a symbol?
Thanks pearl

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone one seen this before - a carving with a drill hole threw it? What does that mean? Any ideas would be appreciated. View attachment 830242

Nice pic Pearl, Just my opinion, but the horse-symbol, is there to give you bearings, if you didn't have symbol around hole,well it would be a round hole with no direction, you probably already know, as you took the photo in right direction. Probably enough information in the hole and symbol, that hole measurements,shouldn't be needed. Get your bearing, follow the symbol, &c. Were is the horse going or coming from, probably coming from,follow horse tail, good luck Justintime

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Justin- you just made me look at the whole rock different. I hadn't even thought of where its going/coming from in regards to the other symbols around it. I know bearings for nose and tail but I wasnt looking at whats around it. Thanks. I'm rethinking this.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow Justin- you just made me look at the whole rock different. I hadn't even thought of where its going/coming from in regards to the other symbols around it. I know bearings for nose and tail but I wasnt looking at whats around it. Thanks. I'm rethinking this.
Goodluck, nice find. Justintime

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you show the whole rock? Id like to see how big it is and what direction the hole is facing. Might be something.

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No can't at this time but I can explain. Flat rock about 5' x 4'. under over hang . Sand stone rock.

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
horse head is just too throw u off,rising sun sign. go east toward cap mills. wish u would talk 2 me bout the holes u have found also we have 3 in same area?

Last edited:
OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
horse head is just too throw u off,rising sun sign. go east toward cap mills. wish u would talk 2 me bout the holes u have found also we have 3 in same area?
Pm ed you

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So is the flat rock on the ground or on the side of the hill?

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your input dsty, and it has been keeping me busy. But fun!

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello pearl54, regardless what you hear size does matter, depth matters, comfurence does matter,width does matter, IF it is carved all the way thru the rock it still matters, 48 inches depth = 48 inches divide by 4 = 12, it looks like the drill hole slopes toward the bottom and that matters, they didn't make mistakes, everything for a reason.

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes dsty - I had measured everything and took readings. I try to look at a symbol for all possibilities This one has so much on it thou.
As usual - thanks P.

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on the area. Without knowing geography, for all we know, it could be a corn-hole (a place for grind'n up stuff).

OP
OP
pearl54

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, I thought maybe there would be a basic meaning for drill hole threw symbol. Like you read in books, Kenworthy's for example -bird wings mean change direction.
But I guess not. Your probably right - its a corn hole (as you call it)

charliejr

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, I thought maybe there would be a basic meaning for drill hole threw symbol. Like you read in books, Kenworthy's for example -bird wings mean change direction.
But I guess not. Your probably right - its a corn hole (as you call it)

Hey, I'm not saying I'm right or wrong. Having only one picture (a limited one at that) isn't much to go on. And yes, I know there will be tons of people to tell you this that or the other.

Basically, look at it like a big puzzle to figure out. Start their and work your way out from that point. Like a center. It won't be easy, but, if you really want to know, you'll do some work. I spent 2+ years on my current site.

Another thing. To hell with Kenworthy. He didn't know anything other than what he gleened from others who actually did all the hard work.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Pearl, you need to decide if the hole was drilled through the symbols later on..or if it was made at the same time. For example, one line of the horse does not seem cut off at all, but rather ends before the drill hole starts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread