Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For once, something other than guns :laughing7:

Personally, I'd go with front wheel drive and snow tires. I like the fell of being able to pull my way through the snow and seem to have somewhat better control. I can't address the 4 wheel drive which my be the best possible way to go, but I can surely tell you rear wheel drive is a driving experience unto itself :laughing7:

I think I'm one of the last people in America that is tooling around in rear wheel drive :tongue3: Stop at an intersection and when restarting out, it's always fun watching your trunk try to pass your engine; especially if you have no additional weight in the trunk :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
4wd,500+pounds of sand in back of truck to counter weight plow. Heavy cloths in back seat just in case with extra gloves and warm hat. Shovel ,rope,snow brush and scraper,extra windshieldwasher solvent,tarp and a wool blanket,flash lites. food and water if going any distance. knife,...(i didn,t say it spart!).

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: relevent :laughing7:

I was just looking over your list, wouldn't be easier just to stay home :dontknow: :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prefer calling out scared beyond reason of driving in snow and hiding with my other cats! But actually I do just fine.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Minimum front wheel snow tires and brains . 4x4/w snow tires and brains is better . Any vehicle configuration/equiptment and no brains =
STAY IN THE HOUSE ! Call your Mommy and tell her you are scared . DO NOT EXIT YOUR HOUSE IN A VEHICLE AND Put PREPARED PEOPLE ON THE HIGHWAY AT RISK . They usually only get involved in accidents because of the actions of DUMMIES .

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I drive in the snow all the time and have plowed more miles than most people drive in a couple years worth of everyday driving. As far as rear wheel drive goes: snow tires with some weight will be fine as long as you have a clue how to drive. Front wheel drive with snow tires is better and best is 4 wheel drive with snows. But nothing will protect you from ignorance. don't over drive conditions no matter what. Just remember all vehicles have 4 wheel brakes and stop about the same. Stay Safe:hello:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:tongue3: relevent :laughing7:

I was just looking over your list, wouldn't be easier just to stay home :dontknow: :laughing7:
Too long and the walls close in and i feel like i,m doin time.
I do hole up when its real bad. I prefer ballet to slam dancing.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread