What's new

Dry spell from .... finally broken

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Im back and had a good day finally. Got some goodies for you to look at. It was a good week, rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10751.webp
    SDC10751.webp
    375.5 KB · Views: 163
  • SDC10748.webp
    SDC10748.webp
    340 KB · Views: 143
  • SDC10738.webp
    SDC10738.webp
    395.3 KB · Views: 129
  • SDC10741.webp
    SDC10741.webp
    444.8 KB · Views: 131
  • SDC10734.webp
    SDC10734.webp
    392.7 KB · Views: 153
  • SDC10745.webp
    SDC10745.webp
    311.9 KB · Views: 116
  • SDC10743.webp
    SDC10743.webp
    325.8 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
That first blade is a little rough, but artifact hunters can't be choosey. Good to see that you got out and found a few. :icon_thumright:
 
Good old North Ga. Ridge and valley material, good finds.
 
Good finds Rock, no ones dry spell last forever. I'm going to try and go tomorrow if the Doctor (my wife) will let me. She thinks just because I feel out at work, she has to keep a 24hr vigil going on.
 
Well you sure do have some "goodies" for us rock :icon_thumright:....so happy for you and thanks for sharing them with us.
 
In pic #5 I love that orangey/gold color on the one and I'm seeing serrated edging on the other but all of those are great finds. Is that a knife or scraper in the first couple pics?

I haven't been out much in the creek, it's the lowest I've seen it in years and we really need someone to do a rain dance in NC lol
 
Glad you had some good finds. I'm waiting for my fields to be harvested before getting back in.
 
You found some nice ones. Glad you broke the drought.
 
In pic #5 I love that orangey/gold color on the one and I'm seeing serrated edging on the other but all of those are great finds. Is that a knife or scraper in the first couple pics?

I haven't been out much in the creek, it's the lowest I've seen it in years and we really need someone to do a rain dance in NC lol

Good eye on that. all of the ones in the 1 pic with the tan are broken. The blade is called a side scraper due to after washing it and looking it is not finished on the other side. Its a uni faced tool. If it had been finished would of been a nicer piece and then called a knife. It will still look good in my tool frame. Some of the flakes are worked on the edges some not but were big so I kept them. Small point missing very tip I would call a spike. I would consider all of these Woodland period I did find a large piece of pottery which is cord marked and falls into the same time period. I found all of this in 1 spot minus the white one. I slept good last night :)
 
Nice finds. If possible could you post a pic of the cord marked pottery? I'd like to see how it compares with the cord marking of the plains village era.
 
Nice finds. If possible could you post a pic of the cord marked pottery? I'd like to see how it compares with the cord marking of the plains village era.

Here try this some interesting pieces I have found all from my area of Ga. I just got permission to hunt a new tract 17 acres. I got many properties to hunt. Now I just got to find the time to go explore.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11715.webp
    SDC11715.webp
    638.2 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC10377.webp
    SDC10377.webp
    685.5 KB · Views: 104
I only keep the pottery I haven't found yet. I have plenty of cord already. Here is some you don't always find from my area.
I have to really complain on how slow the site is lately as to the response time and the lag time. Cant type fast cause it wont except it then you have to go back and re read what you typed to be sure its correct. Then if you have to correct it its a big pain.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11426.webp
    SDC11426.webp
    454.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Those are great finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom