Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

I got permission from a contractor to hunt a vacant house yard up the street..the house is being totally gutted so it can be sold..despite all the trash, scrap aluminum, nails and other debris scattered everywhere, I did manage to find some items of interest.

There were TONS of pennies in one area of the back yard..they weren't the newer zinc variety, so many times my detector read them as dimes - sometimes wheats read out like dimes too, so I dug everything for the longest time and ended up with over 100 memorials before I gave up on the thought of finding anything other than normal pennies. I probably left another 50 in the ground. I wasn't going to dig them all, there was just too many. I did manage 5 wheats though in other parts of the front and back yards. I didn't come up with even one silver dime, and because of that I was determined to get every other collectible item on the property.

First, a Christmas tree insert from a 1960's cookie maker:
C2-1.jpg

A 45 rpm record adapter (made between 1950 and 1953):
C3-1.jpg

A pre-war nickel:
C6-1.jpg

5 wheats after hot peroxide bath (1946, 1952, 1956, 1957, 1958, all "D" mint):
C7.jpg

And 11 toy cars..8 are antique TootsieToy variety, a 1970 redline Hot Wheels Whip Creamer (the large pink one, center left), a 1969 Lesney Matchbox bulldozer and a Tomica semi truck cab:
C5-1.jpg

This was my last hunt before Easter (visiting family all day tomorrow) so hope everyone has a safe and happy one!

Nat

Upvote 0

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some neat finds Natman--- :thumbsup:-That is a great collection you have. WTG

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Those cars are great finds. Mr. Pepper has found 4 and they where all very deep in the ground. I need to look and see if I can tell what kind they are. Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread