What's new

E-Trac is a coin hog

Normsel

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
814
Golden Thread
0
Location
D'Iberville MS
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My e-trac is a coin hog. I have only hunted places I hunted with my ATP and V3i and I keep finding coins they missed. I haven't even chased deep targets. I know there are plenty there but I wanted to get used to the sounds and get comfy with it 1st. Since my 1st day out I have hunted 4 times and each time I plucked anywhere from $1.71 to $2.90. I have found $9.30 so far and mot coins were 2" or less deep. I have found them from 11-44 to 13-47. I haven't hunted for more than 1-1/2 hrs each time and yesterday I only hunted 45 mins.

I know I passed up no less than 100 pennies. The ground is so hard that if I dug every penny I would wear myself out in less than an hour.

I am a bit confused on the FE numbers what they represent say like when I get a 27- 46 or a 15-47.. I have dug any yet but more curious than anything.

I am using the stock coin program. Right now I wished I would have bought it 2 yrs ago...

Everything everyone said is true about this detector and more.

Again thanks for all the advice... Tnet users are the greatest.
 
I'm glad to hear you are doing well with your etrac. I have almost 60 hours on mine already and it does a good job on coins, especially silver. The 27-46 is probably a big bolt with a screw on it or something like that. I would have dug the 15-47, that's just too close for me. The first number can definitely vary depending on a number of factors. So, if the second number is 46-48, and the first number is 1-17, i'm digging! The 13.4g silver ring that I dug Sunday rang in as 1-45.
 
I would have dug the 15-47 as well..........The 1844 half penny I dug yesterday, at about 6-7 inches was a 14-47. Caveman is right about the 27-46 big iron.........use your Quick Mask Screen, it is your friend, on those! Use it to check your target in question, then back to your mode you chose.
 
FE is ferrous. The higher that number, the more likely iron. But could be a good target next to junk especially if you get good conductive numbers and lower ferrous at certain angles.
 
ShSSSSSS ... Don't tell everyone how great an etrac is... :)) :))
 
Sometimes you'll get a high pitch with a bit of a screech, turn 90 degrees on the target - if it totally disappears it is a nail or screw, if you get any tone - dig it!
 
Thanks guys, I went to park this morning that had lots of obvious plugs cut and right next to two of the plugs I pulled out dimes. I pretty much followed his path and plucked $3.70 in clad and have barely scratched the surface of the park... I love hunting where others have because that gives me a good read on my detector and how well I am doing. We all know that no one gets everything but if you get more than a few coins here and there you know your detector is better or you're better with it.

Often times just a very simple explanation works better for me than reading and watching Utube.. Some of the Utube videos I have watched don't impress me at all...


I thank you all again
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom