What's new

Eagle creek find

Xj1992r

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2015
Messages
27
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this scraper while digging a garden on my property in gallatin co. Kentucky in 2014.Guy at work said its really old? image.webpimage.webp
 
Upvote 0
Fits perfectly in your hand, on top there is a spot for your thumb, on bottom a slot for your finger!
 
Yep I was awfully excited when I found it. Since then I found a large hand sized flint chunk in the same spot, blue in color.
 
How big is it? Looks more like an adze to me, and a nice one at that.
 
It's the length of my ring finger. I hear all the farmers around me have excellent collections.Myland has never been farmed, too many hills and rocks. This piece was found on my only flat spot. I need to get a roto tiller, lol
 
That's a really nice specimen, I bet it was halfted at one time. :icon_thumleft:
 
I'm not sure what halfted means, mounted on shaft perhaps?
 
It's probably my imagination but I'd swear it has black grime stained on it from the users hands
 
Yes mounted on a shaft and I also think it's entirely possible that black stain maybe left in the stone from the adhesive used in that process..
 
Last edited:
That's good stuff! My guess is there is more to be found if I get the time and energy. Basically found it the instant I put the shovel in the ground if you can believe that, looked like a normal rock till I turned it over.
 
Looks very similar the the celt's/adze's I've found. Nice find if you found that quick, I'm sure there's more history to be found.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom