Brian in MA
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Sep 4, 2004
- Messages
- 477
- Reaction score
- 9
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Massachusetts
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer II
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Hi all,
I posted this in the 'Today's Finds' section and someone there suggested I post it here as well in hopes of getting an ID.
It's a lead cloth seal with an eagle on one side and some hand carved letters and numbers on the other. It's about the size of a half dollar.
Was hoping someone might have seen a similar one and could provide some info on it? I haven't seen one like it in my 30+ years of hunting. Was wondering (hoping) that it may be military related?
Here are some pics.
Thanks in advance for any info you may provide.
Brian in MA
I posted this in the 'Today's Finds' section and someone there suggested I post it here as well in hopes of getting an ID.
It's a lead cloth seal with an eagle on one side and some hand carved letters and numbers on the other. It's about the size of a half dollar.
Was hoping someone might have seen a similar one and could provide some info on it? I haven't seen one like it in my 30+ years of hunting. Was wondering (hoping) that it may be military related?
Here are some pics.
Thanks in advance for any info you may provide.
Brian in MA


Another theory might be material for military uniforms
Reminds me of Govt. inspector's marks on firearms.










