steelheadwill
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2010
- Messages
- 6,690
- Reaction score
- 716
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- New Castle NH.
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Brain eyes ears and nose
- Primary Interest:
- Other
Found this at the boatyard, was a large clump of black corrosion.
after some cleaning, I find an iron box, car battery size, with brass top, sights, controls, & interior plumbing.
still an unknown object, then I found a small ID plate, 'Detroit Lubricator Company, model 6.the company was in business from 1894 - 1900. & also made carburettors
this appears to be a lubricator for a 4 cyl internal combustion marine engine.
cannot find an image of model 6. have included a pic of a model 5, for steam engine.
Thanks for looking, Great digs to all!
after some cleaning, I find an iron box, car battery size, with brass top, sights, controls, & interior plumbing.
still an unknown object, then I found a small ID plate, 'Detroit Lubricator Company, model 6.the company was in business from 1894 - 1900. & also made carburettors
this appears to be a lubricator for a 4 cyl internal combustion marine engine.
cannot find an image of model 6. have included a pic of a model 5, for steam engine.
Thanks for looking, Great digs to all!







