What's new

Early militia acroutment plate?????

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at early homesite. Brass and shield has 13 stars. Any ideas on this??
 

Attachments

  • 20181121_160230.webp
    20181121_160230.webp
    464.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181121_160205.webp
    20181121_160205.webp
    549.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 20181121_160235.webp
    20181121_160235.webp
    840.5 KB · Views: 94
a boy scout neck tie nice find
 
Upvote 0
Nice find with a quick ID. Congrats
 
Upvote 0
BSA Neckerchief slide by proper name.

troop-neckerchiefs.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Don't say boy, its offensive just scouts!!!! Sorry I had to say it LOL and CRY OUT LOAD anyway we all find one eventually
 
Upvote 0
Don't say boy, its offensive just scouts!!!! Sorry I had to say it LOL and CRY OUT LOAD anyway we all find one eventually

The Boy Scouts of America made men. God only knows what we’re making now. Apparently, confused individuals.
 
Upvote 0
In my generation I was fortunate that we had scoutmasters who served in WWII and had no gray areas at all.

My scoutmaster, second Dad, neighbor for 18 years, and one of my life heroes. Machinist's Mate and AA gunner on the USS South Dakota. Toolmaker after the war. And good for a kick in the pants when it was deserved.

bps033601-1_20141202.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Boy Scouts of America made men. God only knows what we’re making now. Apparently, confused individuals.

I wasn't in the Scouts, but was invited along a few times on campouts. Went once with the Eagle Scouts. No adults to be seen all weekend. That troop was a bunch of delinquents!
 
Upvote 0
Crazy isn't it
 
Upvote 0
I wasn't in the Scouts, but was invited along a few times on campouts. Went once with the Eagle Scouts. No adults to be seen all weekend. That troop was a bunch of delinquents!

Im sorry to hear that. Perhaps, those people did not live up to their responsibilities to lead young men.
 
Upvote 0
In my generation I was fortunate that we had scoutmasters who served in WWII and had no gray areas at all.

My scoutmaster, second Dad, neighbor for 18 years, and one of my life heroes. Machinist's Mate and AA gunner on the USS South Dakota. Toolmaker after the war. And good for a kick in the pants when it was deserved.

My scoutmaster was a Sargent in WWII as well as a "raised on the reservation" Comanche who, literally, led a band of Indians across Germany late in the war. He instilled in us a great respect for authority, self, and the land. A life hero for me as well.
 
Upvote 0
All my scoutmasters were WWII vets. Some saw very heavy combat and one had served in the German army- now there was a disciplinarian! I wish that, back then, I appreciated them more and asked more questions. BSA was a great organization. When I went into the military, it was obvious which of us had been in Scouts. It gave us a real leg up on the others.

Insert here: A silent prayer for all my scoutmasters who have now all passed to their final post. My thanks to each of them.

HH
dts
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom