What's new

✅ SOLVED Early plat map symbol?

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does this x in a circle mean on an 1870 plat map? Thanks in advance.
IMG_5531.webp
 
Do you only have a section of the map? B/c I would expect there would be some sort of key to the symbols. I found this reference section attached to a 1892 map from California. It indicates that a symbol like that was for a blacksmith shop. This seems like it could make sense with your map too, but I would try to find the actual map key if I wanted to be sure.

 

Attachments

  • mapkey.webp
    mapkey.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 57
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 4
a blacksmith shop makes sense, maybe a well if not a blacksmith shop?
 
Upvote 1
Do you only have a section of the map? B/c I would expect there would be some sort of key to the symbols. I found this reference section attached to a 1892 map from California. It indicates that a symbol like that was for a blacksmith shop. This seems like it could make sense with your map too, but I would try to find the actual map key if I wanted to be sure.

No key on the map. Thanks for your input.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom