What's new

ebay is so much fun....

Like the starting bid price.:laughing7:
 
I hope the 7 up comes with it. That's what I drink when I'm sick to the stomach. When that pile showed up, I would definitely need 7 up.
 
Hahaha..I wonder who dooped him with these.
 
Wow, my flower bed is worth thousands of dollars.
 
Ask some questions... Maybe you'll get lucky and he'll post the answers on the auction page for everyone to enjoy
 
It would be kinda funny if we all asked a bunch of questions all at once like a flood.
 
A Pile of rocks.............They probably fell out of his ear onto the Ebay platform and then the dribble coming out of his mouth spewed out a MEIIILLLLLLIOOONNN DOLLLLAAAARRRRRSSSSSSS!!!!!.......................................LMAO!!!!.....................
 
GatorBoy said:
You know that's you selling them. Ha ha... just kidding man.

Lol. I have rooms in my house that prove you wrong on that one. Lol
 
He probably got the idea on the value from a TV show I watched. They found a flat rock in the trail, took it to the dealer and the dealer paid them hundreds of dollars for it. I have a number of bowls and metates, and the rock they found didn't look like any artifact I'd ever seen, probably because it was so rare. But I'd seen a lot of river rocks that looked just like their artifact. I have no idea what my bowls are worth, but they aren't for sale anyhow.
 
Well all I can say is they arent mine :laughing7:
 
He probably got the idea on the value from a TV show I watched. They found a flat rock in the trail, took it to the dealer and the dealer paid them hundreds of dollars for it. I have a number of bowls and metates, and the rock they found didn't look like any artifact I'd ever seen, probably because it was so rare. But I'd seen a lot of river rocks that looked just like their artifact. I have no idea what my bowls are worth, but they aren't for sale anyhow.


Hey Bosnmate post up some of them bowls for us to see. We like to see real artifacts.
 
I love mediates and manos. I have only found 2 that belonged together. I'm not sure I have ever posted them.

image-4062755797.webp



image-977092343.webp



image-3699433720.webp

I had these on my patio for years, but, they started drawing so much attention, I had to bring them inside.
 
Hey Bosnmate post up some of them bowls for us to see. We like to see real artifacts.

I've showed my stuff on here before, but that was a long time ago, but don't remember if the bowls or metates (that's what I call the flat ones, don't know it that is the proper name) were shown at that time. I know I showed some points and my railroad pot in the past. Anyhow, here are some, I have others out in the yard that I'll have to take pictures of.
my collection.webpmy collection1.webpmy collection2.webpmy collection3.webpmy collection4.webpEach one of these has a story behind it, and I don't have the time or patience right now to get real involved with stories. However the flat "matates" came from Nevada. I was working on a ranch that the gas company put a pipe line across, and in an area that didn't have a rock large enough to kill a rattlesnake, they dug up three metates and a bunch of manos, which is what I call the flat stone that they rubbed on the matate to grind their seeds. The other bowls for the most part came from property I owned, or was owned by my family. The bowls would be Chumash, coming from the vicinity of San Luis Obispo, California. My great great grand parents filed a homestead on some land there in 1867, some of the bowls were plowed up on that place, and those fields are now under pavement and a shopping center. I didn't think to put something in the photo for scale, and I've got more stuff, maybe I'll start a different thread to show those with a ruler for scale. The bowls and metates are for the most part quite large. Anyhow, if that flat river rock those guys sold on TV is really worth $600, then I must have some big bucks here. Shucks, I've given away bowls that were way better than what they sold on TV.
 
I've showed my stuff on here before, but that was a long time ago, but don't remember if the bowls or metates (that's what I call the flat ones, don't know it that is the proper name) were shown at that time. I know I showed some points and my railroad pot in the past. Anyhow, here are some, I have others out in the yard that I'll have to take pictures of.
View attachment 712394View attachment 712395View attachment 712396View attachment 712397View attachment 712398Each one of these has a story behind it, and I don't have the time or patience right now to get real involved with stories. However the flat "matates" came from Nevada. I was working on a ranch that the gas company put a pipe line across, and in an area that didn't have a rock large enough to kill a rattlesnake, they dug up three metates and a bunch of manos, which is what I call the flat stone that they rubbed on the matate to grind their seeds. The other bowls for the most part came from property I owned, or was owned by my family. The bowls would be Chumash, coming from the vicinity of San Luis Obispo, California. My great great grand parents filed a homestead on some land there in 1867, some of the bowls were plowed up on that place, and those fields are now under pavement and a shopping center. I didn't think to put something in the photo for scale, and I've got more stuff, maybe I'll start a different thread to show those with a ruler for scale. The bowls and metates are for the most part quite large. Anyhow, if that flat river rock those guys sold on TV is really worth $600, then I must have some big bucks here. Shucks, I've given away bowls that were way better than what they sold on TV.


Yeah that is what I am talking about!! I saw the one they found on that TV show. Made me mad. I think they used a back hoe to get it,haaa. Those are some fabulous examples !!
please when you have time do a separate thread for everyone to see. High quality sir.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom