Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

ebay has been slow for me probably because I'm not listing more stuff
I'll be listing more this weekend
sent off a 22kg box to AZ with new games, software, books,
a couple of camera accessories with huge margin if it sells, DVD series,. more books
anyway I'll see how this shipment goes...
restocked with 13 games that already sold fast
should be in the AZ warehouse in 48 hrs

Good job everyone keep it up! I've sold 22 so far this month. It is low, but the dollar amount is higher, so I'm fine with it. :thumbsup:

Good job everyone keep it up! I've sold 22 so far this month. It is low, but the dollar amount is higher, so I'm fine with it. :thumbsup:

I'm all about the dollar amount rather than items listed. Over 90% of what I sell I make a minimum profit of $15. The other 10% is items I either had in stock or missed my estimate of what they should sell for.

Well, at least the last 12 items I sold averaged $67 each. Though I have many $10-$20 items that need to be listed too. As for profit, I only pay pennies on the dollar for the majority of items anyway. Those that I paid good money for or will sell for 10x or more of my buying price, usually get listed pretty quickly. I will list "some" items this weekend. That is my goal for the week with eBay.

I try to keep profit at around $10 (or more, of course!) after costs, fees, shipping etc. If I go at a nice and easy speed, I can do 3/hour photo-list-ship which gets me to $30/hour. Plenty do do something I enjoy doing. With multi quantity listings factored in, even with some more intensive listings, I bet its more than 3/hr.

anyone have experience with selling brand new video games like xbox 360 or PS3 games on ebay?

I picked up 10 at a clearance shop ... they have good seller rank on AZ
so I was just wondering ... might test out a couple this weekend when I post some listings

anyone have experience with selling brand new video games like xbox 360 or PS3 games on ebay?

I picked up 10 at a clearance shop ... they have good seller rank on AZ
so I was just wondering ... might test out a couple this weekend when I post some listings

A lot of my sales are video games, both new and used. I like selling new/sealed ones, but they actually sometimes take longer to sell. For example, I have a bunch that I got at a really good price before Christmas that aren't moving because Best Buy has had them on a huge clearance for the past month. I don't mind because I got them so cheaply and they don't take up much space, but I figured they would have sold by now.

My used games, though, are selling at a pretty solid clip.

Almost everything I pay less than $10 for generally sells for 2-20 times what I paid. Items in the $10-20 range generally sells for 1.5-5 times what I paid. Anything I pay over $20 for I judge on an individual basis depending on ease of shipping & how quick it will turn. I'd prefer to reliably make a lot more money selling a lot fewer items......& I'd also like to have the winning lottery ticket blow up in my yard.

cool thx guys
@ cagclub33
just some advise if "Best Buy" has either free or reasonable shipping I'd spend $50+
on new games and sit on them then resell them later ... easy money

I try to make at least $10 minimum on any item as well. Every once in a while I'll sell something for $8 shipped and make about $5, but I am trying to get out of that. I used to sell lures where I would make about $2, but I don't do that anymore.

91 sales so far this month! Average cost $4 average sale price $20
Listed 1 item last night, sold within an hour. I didn't underprice it from what i could see, so pretty happy with that! Got it at buy-the-pound. That plus the seahawks hat paid for all I bought in 3 trips and I have 50-60 items left

91 sales so far this month! Average cost $4 average sale price $20
Listed 1 item last night, sold within an hour. I didn't underprice it from what i could see, so pretty happy with that! Got it at buy-the-pound. That plus the seahawks hat paid for all I bought in 3 trips and I have 50-60 items left

Nothing wrong with that business model.

Hopefully I'll have a good weekend
someone contacted me and wants 5 vintage tennis rackets
if I understood right he's Italian needs a quote for shipping and a deal - we'll see
plus a 1€ book from the charity shop is going to sell for about 15€ all that on ebay...
also my AZ box arrived at their warehouse ... in it are 13 new Skylander xbox 360 games
selling for 32€ each ... 5 are already reserved - plus I sent a figurine I got on clearance at the local supermarket for 5€
I saw no one else was selling it but had some good sales rank .. I posted it for 49€ just to see and that one looks like it's sold too
AZ takes 30% I get the rest .. seems expensive but you can sell stuff on AZ more expensive so it all works out
and if you have something people want it sells quick no questions asked...

if you have something people want......
And therein, lies the trick......

And Justinnh, you is just tearing it up! What u sellin? I thought I had you as fav'd/sav'd seller, but couln't find you(I may have missed sumthin, been busy). Good for you and for all doing well. :occasion14:
I'm plugging along, need to list some new stuff today, last day of the month......
it's a beautiful day! we'll see if that happens...... :laughing7:

I'm thinking about opening a basic store. As a TRS I pay 8% final value fees. Looks like it might be less in some categories if I had a store. I'd also be able to list more BIN without paying 30 cents each. Finally, I would be able to leave town for a few days & set the store to vacation mode without worrying about not being able to ship if someone did a BIN. Anyone have an opinion and/or experience?

I'm thinking about opening a basic store. As a TRS I pay 8% final value fees. Looks like it might be less in some categories if I had a store. I'd also be able to list more BIN without paying 30 cents each. Finally, I would be able to leave town for a few days & set the store to vacation mode without worrying about not being able to ship if someone did a BIN. Anyone have an opinion and/or experience?

I've had a store for probably seven years and I will never close it. My wife had one and she did close it but I have at least 150 listings a month consistently and sell at least 100 to 150 a month. It's free listings for all of them. I could probably do okay on the basic store but I've always had the $50 a month one. I would like to have more listings like 200+ but I selling a lot of jewelry and some of it seems to move faster so I'm never able to get to the 200 mark. Which is ok.

you can always call to and ask for more quantity to be able to list and dollar amounts. I think I'm able to sell up to $24, 000 a month and I'm not really sure how many listings but I know it's over 250 every month. if I run out I just call and ask to have more added. I'll never sell $24,000 in one month. I think the highest I've had in one month was $14,000 but I was selling out a really nice estate jewelry collection. I would not want to pay the $.30 for every listing. My wife has stopped selling stuff on her site I think she has three sales since Christmas.

had a good weekend and today too
sold 20 items on AZ .. most of the items are a profit of 19€
also finally confirmed the 5 vintage tennis rackets going to Italy
I'll make 60€ on that ...
but my sales are going to slow down because I received and already sold the 13 games ..
I ordered 22 more today :)

I didn't calculate but did about 300€ + since last friday
and I found another item to arbitrate today but need some more cash
which I'll hopefully have in a few days

Good job Mickael!

I need some help guys. A buyer bought something from Spain. Now if I use the global speed limit, is there any added fees or anything for me, or do I just send it to the center and am done? Thanks!

Good job Mickael!

I need some help guys. A buyer bought something from Spain. Now if I use the global speed limit, is there any added fees or anything for me, or do I just send it to the center and am done? Thanks!

As far as I know, with GSP you just mail it to the center and they do the rest. The buyer has extra fees, and they do not always like it from what I read, but nothing for the seller.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back